Sunday, March 29, 2009

Tires With Zero Death Crystals


This morning, instead of going to church and "singing beautiful songs," The Precious and I left the house early to see Daddy finish his first half-marathon! Sadly, we missed actually seeing him cross the finish line by mere minutes, but we were so excited when we found out he made the run in under 2 hours, a goal he's been working so hard to meet. Go Daddy!


A bonus was that Andrew got to ride MARTA for the first time, which was super fun.


Speaking of fun, Big Brother-To Be is having a fabulous time with the baby paraphernalia that has started appearing. I often find him sitting on the bed that has taken over the nursery, stacking rings, snapping beads together, or requesting that I sing nursery rhymes from a book I keep in there.


And because I have the best friends ever, I have once again been able to borrow so many great things, including the hideous yet oh-so-lovely Exersaucer (thanks Brooke!)


I think the pregnancy has now officially gone to my brain. Phil is out tonight, thus left to my own devices I just finished eating macaroni and cheese and Lucky Charms and watching ... wait for it ... Con Air? Wow. I'm trying to think of anything I could do at this point to erase the sound of Nicolas Cage's version of a southern accent from my head before I try to sleep.

Fortunately, Andrew got a healthier meal in his system than mommy did.


12 comments:

Peamama said...

Way to go Phil! And I'm glad you and the presh got to ride a train. I cannot believe you didn't hold out for our gargantuan intellitainer!! I guess the exersaucer will have to do. :)

Crazy Aunt Sallie said...

Yay for Phil! I am running a 10K this weekend, and my only goal is to not die. I'm so glad to see that Jr. Asparagus is still with you!

Christy said...

Gilly - yes, Presh loved the Jim Bob. And he and I both thought the Intellitainer was totally awesome! The only reason I didn't hold out for it a second time was my assumption that Cracka was be pretty bummed to miss out on all of it's glory.

Crazy - Andrew still loves Jr. Asparagus! At this point his favorite thing is opening and closing the velcro at the back to see where the sound comes out. :-) Good luck with the race! Right now my goal is to be able to get to the mailbox and back without having to rest halfway down the driveway.

Brooke said...

Congrats Phil - maybe one day Andy will extricate himself from this school/work nonsense and be able to join you! And Christy - please consider my hideous plastic, your hideous plastic! I'm just happy I'm not looking at it in my living room anymore, even though I do miss it's containment properties! Ah, the good old days. And please tell me you and yours do not have pink eye... Anne Marie, who I thought was completely on the mend, is still showing signs... it's not the really bad kind if that makes you feel any better... super sorry about invading with our plagues!

Christy said...

I haven't noticed anything with our eyes, so I think we're fine. If something pops up, though, I'll be happy to blame you. :-) (That's actually our second brush with pink eye in the last week, so if it happens, it happens.)

Poor AM, and poor you! So sorry your sweet big girl is uncomfortable.

Nina of the Precious and the Nibblet said...

My sincere congratulations to my favorite son-in-law! I well remember being totally done in after a 2 mile run. And of course that was as a spectator watching Bradley at a track meet!

Unknown said...

Did he get in the exersaucer himself? I have found Rhianwen stuck in ours many times recently. Somehow she can get in but not out!

nannykim said...

Exersaucers always make me laugh!

Hey, you gotta get rid of the pirate picture--it may give the new baby the wrong ideas

Georgia Girl said...

I was particularly fond of popcorn for dinner...maybe it was all the salt that made my ankles so huge at the end.

Ugh on the pink eye...Caleb had it a week before Maddy was born.

Good luck with walking to the mailbox...heh, heh, heh!

The countdown is on...just waiting to hear some good news :-)

Christy said...

Eowyn - no, actually he was trying to get into it by himself, and then I helped him. He probably could have managed if I'd let him try long enough. I've since hidden it in the basement since Nib won't need it for a bit and Andrew kept trying to find crevices in which to stuff pennies into it, then begging me to take the whole thing apart so he could see where they went (don't worry, Brooke! I can get them out!) :-)

Georgia- popcorn sounds fabulous. Maybe that should be dinner tomorrow.

Georgia Girl said...

So where do these pennies come from exactly that Andrew is playing with...I guess it's better than playing with matches, eh?

In Sunday School Caleb puts his money in a bank and the first time he figured this out, he turned to me, held out his hand, and said "I want money"...never thought I'd hear those words come out of a 2 year olds mouth! Yikes!!

The Carsons said...

I hope you are feeling well! How much longer?