Sunday, August 9, 2009

Kettle Chips: The Perfect Snack ... for Revenge!


Well, My Precious and his whopping three years have been fully celebrated. Balloons and streamers were arranged, hot dogs were grilled, and cake was consumed. Andrew was violently opposed to having the birthday song sung to him (when we tried to sing it during playgroup, he ran and hid in the hallway), but he allowed everyone to (silently) watch him blow out his candles. His first attempt at flame ousting was a bust. I told him to try again and, much my amusement, he decided whispering the word "fast" near the candles worked really well. I don't know where that came from, but it was funny.

He's such a big boy. Phil and I have been noticing his conversation becoming more and more mature, which is so very cool. We're working on getting those pronouns straightened out ... he's the only 3-year-old ever who has never screamed, "Mine!" When someone snatches a toy he's playing with, he cries out, "It's yours!" He says really funny things all day (which I promptly forget as soon as Phil walks in from work), and he's gotten very intersted in understanding what everyone is talking about around him. He's so sweet and affectionate, often looking up at me and saying, "Mommy loves you so," before giving me a huge hug.

So here's to you, my darling boy! You have made my heart so full. Mommy does love you so.

10 comments:

Heather Iverson said...

I was finding all too frequently that I was forgetting the cute things that Katelyn said by the end of the day too, so I started making myself write them down on a scratch piece of paper on my kitchen table.

I enjoyed the little "slide show" of Andrews pics. Listening to Enya reminded me that you were the first person to introduce me to her music. You gave me one of her CDs for my birthday. Wow, that was eons ago!

Unknown said...

That was great!! It made me cry!

Rachel said...

Andrew looks so big! He looks like a little boy--no more toddler boy. I wish we had been there to celebrate!

Brea said...

Precious he is, indeed! Happy, happy birthday Andrew!

Crazy Aunt Sallie said...

He's too adorable. I can hardly stand it!

trmills said...

So glad you had a fun celebration. All of those quirky little things made me laugh and are so dear. I'm sorry we missed the party; something came up that detained us, but know that we love and celebrate Andrew!

Nina of the Precious and the Nibblet said...

Just too Precious for words. Definitely a tissue time for grandparents! We owe you and Phil for the gift of such glorious grandkids.

Jenni said...

What a beautiful boy AND what an EVIL thing to do to make me cry AGAIN this year over your sweet montage. When are you going to create the montage of our friendship in pictures?

Crazy Aunt Sallie said...

I know you're super busy taking care of two little ones, a cat, a dog, and my crazy brother, but this blog is not updated frequently enough for my satisfaction. I need to be entertained! :) More!

Felicia Miller said...

Oh, Christy! Who could possibly have a dry eye after seeing this post?! You are such a wonderful mom.