Monday, October 19, 2009

The Elks Bugling At The Caldera



Food, glorious food! This girly has been eyeing our pancakes and pork chops for some time now, so a few days after her 6 month appointment, I busted out the rice cereal. I think she knows we're holding out on her, though. Rice paste is just a bit anticlimactic as a first food experience when someone has been longing to get in on some brownie action. At this point she still gets more excited about chewing on her washcloth during bath time.

Speaking of the 6 month appointment, the doctor walked in, took one look at her and exclaimed, "She looks like a 9 month old!" :-) She weighed in at 17 lbs. 4 oz. (75th - 90th percentile) and checked out beautifully. She even blew some raspberries at the doctor for extra credit.

Andrew has been having fun with the skads of tree frogs that love our house. This little guy was vacationing with a friend on the sandy beach of his sandbox. I went to water the plants the other day and one had wedged himself in the spout. It makes me happy - I love tree frogs! The bright green skin, the sticky feet, the eating of the bugs ... what's not to love? I just hope Uncle Mark won't avoid us like the plague.



Yesterday we had a fabulous family outing to Southern Belle Farms about an hour outside of Atlanta. I LOVE fall. Even more than tree frogs. And every year I pine for some sort of fall festival experience, and this year I got it. Here we are on a hay ride . . . all together in one shot!



We had to work really hard to convince one of the fat goats to come eat our pellets.


A corn field maze! Sooo cool! Phil and I were a little disturbed to discover we were no better at finding our way through than our 3-year-old.



My little Els had a good time, too. I think her favorite part was the pig race.


Phil and Andrew on the "cow train."

Andrew declared this slide to be his favorite part of the farm:


And finally, totally unrelated to fall, is my sweet, silly boy who was desperate to wear a pony tail just like mommy.

5 comments:

Georgia Girl said...

Yeah for food fun!! I just opened up some 3rd foods for M. Can you believe it?!?! She woofs it down, too. And just in time, a tooth!!! It's coming through the bottom. I told her this morning she'd be having pizza for breakfast in no time - okay, I really said a cracker, but pizza would be good, too. I MISS YOU!!!

trmills said...

Sounds like Miss Els is just about ready to take Nate and Julian on in a wrestling match! Good milk, Mama! The picture of all of you on the hayride is wonderful.

Unknown said...

I LOVE THAT TITLE!!
Aren't my grandkids ADORABLE?!

Unknown said...

What a cute family picture! That cow train could rival some of Carowind's rides ;0)

Brea said...

So glad Phil finally relented and let you have a fun fall experience. :) That farm looks pretty awesome!

Can't really blame Ms. Els about the rice paste. Maybe she will find bananas or sweet potatoes or something like that to be more enticing...keep us posted!