Monday, February 22, 2010

You Don't Need More Sleep, You Need More Coffee


So, the snow was pretty, but the magic of it was pretty much lost on this thin-blooded group. Andrew refused to even consider stepping outside to play in it, much to his daddy's dismay who was all geared up for snowman fun. We didn't make that mistake twice - decided to just bundle up Elsbeth without asking.

She really loved it.


So I stayed inside while Elsbeth napped off the horror of the experience and Andrew played a computer game in his slippers while Phil built a snowman all by his lonesome. It was pitiful (both Phil and the snow person). He couldn't get any of the snow to stick together, so his final product was a toddler girl snow person we named Tweaky.

Phil blamed his southern roots until we took a walk and saw that our Mexican neighbors had a nice 7-foot snow giant. Phil's still pretty sensitive about it. I think some heckling e-mails would help toughen him up (pmobley@kingsleyassociates.com).

Valentine's Day was pretty low-key. I was up to my eye galls with basement grime and touch-up paint, so my plan to do some lavish family Valentine's dinner with homemade gifts didn't happen. Not even close. But it was a charming thought, don't you think? Ten points for the charming thought! Anyway, Andrew and I did sit down one morning and made Valentines for our dearest friends and family (that I intended to deliver but never did ... 10 points for another charming thought!) Take a look at this one for Holly. I held the paper while he cut it, but that's all I did. I thought it was pretty good!


Elsbeth celebrated by eating her very first Valentine.


It's a family tradition.


PS: The house is officially on the market (here's our virtual tour: http://www.michaelbunch.com/Listing/VirtualTour.ashx?ListingID=11798809). I'm being a total freak, looking out my windows every couple minutes to see if people driving by are slowing down to look. And we live in a cul-de-sac for crying out loud! Not a lot of drive by traffic that doesn't include people who already live here. We don't have fliers yet, but rest assured I will be counting them every evening. I'm also staring at the phone since we should learn this week if our dream house is a possibility. Somebody give me a pill!

9 comments:

Crazy Aunts Sallie said...

I'm pretty sure that is the first snowman that Phil has made that doesn't have boobs.

Nina of the Precious and Nibblet said...

I was going to comment that I think Tweaky the snow toddler was quite cute, but after reading Sallie's comment I'm not sure what to say. Guess I'll concentrate on ideas to inspire the grandkids with some outdoor adventure spunk so they'll be able to keep up with Nina and Pa.

Phil Mobley said...

Hey, in my defense, our Latino neighbors did have a whole lot more people working on their snowman. And Sallie, who doesn't love a good snowboob?

trmills said...

He didn't just say 'snowboob', did he?

Andrew is brilliant with his reading and writing! He must get it from his eloquent daddy...

Anonymous said...

While I can always count on your posts to be amusing. I think this one takes the cake for funny comments.
My 3&5 yr olds' snowman wasn't much taller but it did manage to have the standard 3 ball shape. Better luck next time. :-)

Jennifer Lockhart said...

Your house is so pretty! I have a slight obsession with stonework, so I was ready to put an offer on it as soon as I saw your fireplace, until I considered that it would be a rather lengthy commute..

Aunt Jessie said...

"snowboob" bwahahaha!

Unknown said...

Selling a house stinks, but yours looks great! I envy your basement.

That snowman is not bad. It's just sad that Phil was by himself! My kids did the same thing to cards. It's fun.

Phil Mobley said...

At least I didn't build this:

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/offbeat/nude-snow-woman-100303-apx