Sunday, July 20, 2008

I LIke My Men Like I Like My Pretzels

The tall, dark and handsome Carrothead, long-time traveling companion of my Aunt Leslie, arrived at the beach with sweaty palms and quivering stalk. He'd never had a girlfriend before and the tales of Melvina's incredible wit, fanciful dress and intriguing facial arrangement made him certain he wasn't vegetable enough to win her heart. To make matters worse, he lost the lavish bouquet he had brought with him all the way from Pittsburgh somewhere in the parking garage. When she sauntered onto the beach, tan and sporting a brand-new pair of red gingham leggings, he almost passed out. Fortunately, he held it together enough for Aunt Leslie to make the introductions. Their eyes locked. She gave him a shy smile. And thus began the most wonderful weekend of their lives:

11 comments:

Brea said...

Oh, my! Sounds terribly romantic!

Jenni said...

Who doesn't love a true love story like this!! Like all women though, Melvina needs to be honest with herself and consider what she is going to do when he becomes rotten.

ErinM said...

*sigh* Melvina looks so happy.

Anonymous said...

Okay, that's hilarious! So glad to hear that Melvina has found her true love. :-)

Anonymous said...

Ah memories! I cannot wait to see my true love again.

Carrothead

Heather Iverson said...

Ah, Christy, you are so endearingly insane. :o) Loved the video. It was quite hilarious!

trmills said...

And just how do you like your pretzels, my dear?

Unknown said...

You guys are so goofy!

Emily said...

I miss you, Christy.

Anonymous said...

Three weeks away from my computer left me with much blog catch-up. I saved your blog for last (so I could go off to get ready for bed laughing!) and you did not disappoint. I hope there will be more chronicles of these two lovebirds. You're the best, Christy!

Peamama said...

Oh, this post was reminiscent of the first email I ever received from you...so crazy and hilarious and wacky. Please keep writing more. And I need another one of your random hilarious stories to end up in my inbox (I'm so demanding I know...just ignore me).