Thursday, February 26, 2009

Better To Enter Heaven Blind Than To See Thy Father-In-Law Use A Snout Pot


"It's good to be me," thinks The Precious as he takes a sip of tea from his new tea boot.

I think I mentioned that Andrew got to take his afternoon tea in a boot while we were visiting his Auntie a few weeks ago. When we got back and I poured it into a regular mug, he wanted to know where his tea boot was. When Auntie got wind of this, she wasted no time ordering him his very own spectacular boot mug. As you can see, it was a big hit. Thank you, Auntie!


While we're on the subject of fun presents, my friend Rachel From The Arctic gave me a gift card to use for a Christmas present for Andrew, wisely noting that the train set she was considering giving him during our visit might be difficult for us to pack. Later, as he and I were shopping for exciting things like kitchen cleaner and toilet paper, we decided to pause at the toy section for fun, where he (who had recently decided all train things - especially Thomas - were fabulous, not just the crossings) became completely mesmerized by the wall of Thomas toys. I remembered the card and noticed that it was the perfect amount to cover the beginners set (probably the same thing Rachel had looked at), so I said, "You know what? Aunt Rachel gave me a special card to buy you a present. Would you like for us to buy this train set?"

Oh my heavens, the look on his face! You'd think he'd been raised in the middle of the jungle and had never been offered a toy before (not so, I assure you). His eyes got huge and his expression very serious as he scooped up the box and marched quickly over to our cart as if thinking to himself, "Mother has clearly gone insane. If I'm super quiet and don't make any sudden movements, I think I might get away with this." He sat in the front of the cart for the rest of our shopping experience, clutching his treasure to his chest. Thank you, Aunt Rachel!


And here's a picture that just makes me happy inside. My boy, first thing in the morning, sitting up on the kitchen counter in his footie wams and bed hair, happily holding a slice of bacon.


And, for posterity, me and my sweet Nibblet at 7 months. I'm only 5 weeks away from the time I had Andrew. Wow. Time is flying.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

The video of Andrew with his tea boot is just so adorable! That grin is priceless. You look fab in your preggo glory, I might add. Miss you all so much, and hoping to see you soon.

Christi said...

You look great, Christy! And Andrew looks so pleased with his tea boot -- such a cutie!

Anonymous said...

Andrew is just way cute!

Emily said...

Oh, Christy! A boy and his bacon, forever immortalized on your blog. It makes the heart happy. Does the starter train set come with Annie and Clarabel? Because, although we have no TV or any other meaningful contact with culture here, Ellie is in love with Thomas the Train and we (I promise) thank God for him every night after Mommy, Daddy and Lauren. She asked if Annie and Clarabel could come live here with us, like her Thomas, this afternoon, so I am naturally curious...

Anonymous said...

So glad the tea boot was a hit! I keep making everyone who walks past my desk watch the video!

Jessie Mobley said...

AHHH SOOO PRECIOUS!!!!

Unknown said...

He looks so loooong in that countertop picture!

Georgia Girl said...

I love footie wams! Every once in a while I am able to sneak a pair on C - I was able to get him in his snowman ones the other night when it was snowing. I also love bed head!! Andrew is growing up so fast. He's going to seem even bigger when Nibblet graces us with his/her presence. You look great and moderately comfortable - I can say this being hours away from the birth of Maddy.

nannykim said...

First of all, tea in a boot sounds gross---makes me think of sweaty feet and all of that.

Secondly , the most important thing of your honey sitting on the counter with the bacon was the monkeys on his pjs.

Thirdly, you are having a baby!