Sunday, April 26, 2009

Hey You, Indoor Face

Elsbeth showing off a gift from her Papa

Isn't that dress just the sweetest? And I love picturing Phil's dad, Mr. Serious Engineer Man, picking it out for her. I decided to dress her up last night for her first non-doctor outing. Phil's mom is here for the week, so after putting Andrew to bed, Phil, Elsbeth and I all went out for tea. (Els likes hers with cream and sugar, just like me.) I live in a state of slight nervousness during my babies' first 3 months since the doctor continues to remind me that a fever during this time is considered an emergency and requires a spinal tap. Thus we sat outside at the coffee shop, away from the other customer's diseased breathing, and I kept her close against my chest the whole time. Hmmmm, I hope I don't turn my kids into weirdos ....


The siblings are doing so well together. Nibblet graciously endures many sticky kisses on her head, and Andrew checks in with her all throughout the day. Today he even requested her presence during his story time. He loves to pick up her gumdrops (pacifiers), rub them around in his hands, then announce to me that I'll have to wash them now.

I was taking Elsbeth's picture earlier today as she was looking so cute in her new hat and slippers (thank you Gillian! the hat fits!), and Andrew crawled up next to her. I was momentarily confused by his odd body position and stillness until I realized that he was mimicking her.


My friend Laura stopped by a few days ago to bring us a fabulous lunch and an adorable pink stroller ... for Andrew. He LOVES this thing.


No dolls in this stroller. This is the manliest pink stroller you've ever seen. Andrew pushes this thing all over the neighborhood, wheeling over sand piles and giant sticks, and puts cool things like rocks or caterpillars in the seat. Here he is showing off his caterpillar, Mike, who has since spun a really awesome cocoon.


Elsbeth had her first bath last weekend. She still had her belly button stump, so I couldn't keep her warm as I sponged her off. Shockingly, Nib was not a fan. I decided I'd wait until she could be immersed in warm water before I'd try that again.


Ahhhh, sweet relief!


Funny Andrew conversation:

Andrew discovered that Daddy had purchased not one, but two boxes of Fudge Rounds, his current favorite tea snack. He ran into the living room with both boxes, stacked one on top of the other, then looked back at me and said, "How cute is that?"


We're looking forward to a fabulous week with Nannie!


7 comments:

Nina said...

Oh my goodness! I thought I knew how much I miss Andrew and Elsbeth, but the pictures really showed me how much. Way to go, Papa, for picking out the fabulous dress. Nannie, you know I am jealous, but so very glad that you are there. Andrew, your Nina used to play with caterpillars all the time--did you name yours for your Papa?

Crazy Aunt Sallie said...

I'm sure uncle Jeff appreciates that you covered her parts for her bath time picture. :)

Emily said...

She is so beautiful. It is killing me that I can't cuddle her.

trmills said...

How cute is that??? She is such a sweet little bundle in her Nannie's arms; I'm with Emily, just dying over here on the other side of the world. The dress is so, so sweet. And you watch out for all those nasty germy people that frequent coffee shops!

Oh, did you know that in Thailand they immerse babies for baths at birth? Asa had his first bath in a little tin tub at the hospital. So much for keeping the stump dry...

nannykim said...

wow, she is already growing!!;-)

Unknown said...

Andrew needs a sock monkey to complete his stroller.

I just want to print out that mimic picture and put it on my fridge. SO FUNNY!

Heather Iverson said...

Love the pictures of Andrew mimicing Elsbeth. What a funny little guy.