Thursday, May 7, 2009

What You Do Not Smell Is Called Iocane Powder


That has to be one of my favorite pictures of all time.

I love my flower children.


My sweet blossom wore the wool soaker I knit for her for the first time yesterday. The leg holes are so tiny ... perfect for her skinny newborn legs, yet I fear it won't be wearable for long. I don't care. I'm just so proud that she was able to wear something I made, even once. The tie-dyed onsie is appropriate for my granola girl, don't you think?



The Precious loves to lounge in the bouncey seat when the spot is open. When did he get so big?!


In other news, I went on my first outing on my own with the 2 of them this morning. I had planned never to leave the house again, but situation was desperate. No butter, no cream, no brown sugar. Here's how I scored:

- Had my teeth brushed, +5

- Didn't shower and forgot to put on deodorant, -15

- Nibblet slept entire time in Moby Wrap, +20

- Precious rode in cart without complaining, +10

- Resisted doughnuts, +5

- Failed to resist brownie mix, ice cream & BBQ potato chips, -15

- Was not mobbed by people pausing to gush over my children, - 10

- Got several double-takes as people tried to figure out what in the world the Moby was, -2

- Got several kind smiles from people appreciating the cuteness, +7

Total: +5

Success!!

8 comments:

Christi said...

I love those soakers. I still need to try to knit some!

And hooray for you and getting out of the house with two kids in tow!!!

Peamama said...

Wow! Big score!! I bet you were tired after that outing. Such a feat. No butter?? How did you let that happen? :)

trmills said...

1. Andrew looks just too model-esque in that first shot. Watch out, J Crew!

2. We have those wrecking ball pajamas...fun to think of them dressing alike:).

3. Aren't these 2 year olds all of the sudden ALL limbs? Long legs everywhere!

3. You are awesome with your grocery store trip! You totally deserved the brownies. And deodorant is so overrated.

Jean Joiner said...

love the scoring. glad you ended up in the positive for your first outing.

Brea said...

Inconceivable!

Sounds like your first venture out went smoothly, much more so than mine. And the soaker looks great! I'd love to hear how you like it in terms of performance (vs. other types of covers).

Georgia Girl said...

Happy Mother's Day!

Caleb was sporting the same band-aids on his knees this week. Can't even believe they'll be the big 0-3 soon!

What a lovely little girl you have - emphasis on the little. My girl is already 13lbs 5oz at 9 weeks old - youzers. There's a entire extra roll of leg hiding inside her diaper. :-)

Unknown said...

Love the flower chains combined with the rocket ship shirt. E looks much more natural in them :)

The Carsons said...

Are you just absolutely LOVING having a baby girl?!!!