Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Hubert Cumberdale, You Taste Like Soot And Poo


I realized at some point yesterday afternoon that it had been 36 minutes since I had last taken a picture of either of my children, so I tried to make up for it with a photo shoot to document Elsbeth at 15 weeks, and Andrew at 2.99999 years. I was so excited when Andrew gave me a cheerful "Yes!" when I asked him if he wanted to hold his sister. This series of pictures was the perfect mix of adorable and hilarious.

We started out good ...


... then we started to sink ...


... and sink.


Phil and I were amused by how giant Elsbeth looks in all these. I mean, she's growing like a weed, and Andrew continues to have a puny appetite, but they're not quite as close in size as these pictures would have you believe.

And now a sweet kiss for little sister.


And here Andrew is trying to help her smile. I think these two are going to be good buddies.


And speaking of good buddies, Andrew got some good play time in with Marjorie Stewart-Baxter* earlier this week. Everything was calm and collected while there was lemonade to be had.


Then they started playing with the water table, and things got a little wacky.


Ahhhh, summertime with friends! Makes me want to throw on my swim suit and pull out the Slip-N-Slide.


Melvina & Carrothead Update

Received the following message from Pittsburg Auntie:

The kids had a wonderful time at the wedding. John and Julia really made them feel welcome. As you can tell from the pictures, they were able to give advice and encouragement when it comes to a mixed marriage. Melvina really showed her stuff during the Electric Slide (I think her cloth body aided in the sliding part!) She is having a good time and said she will come home soon - but she still has a lot of Pittsburgh to see.




*As is my policy, name has been changed to protect the innocent.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the helping smile picture. I wonder what Rhianwen would do if I suggested she helped Alden smile...ha!

Jean Joiner said...

there's something about the brother-sister relationship. it's so cute to see e and c together sometimes!

Georgia Girl said...

I love that first picture of E! And the 2 together is hilarious.

I can't even believe how fast these little ones are growing. There's probably only 10 lbs difference between my 5 month old and 3 year old!

Yours isn't the only one with a puny appetite.

Pittsburgh Auntie said...

Elsbeth is a VERY good sport!

Unknown said...

I have such ADORABLE GRANDKIDS!!!