Saturday, July 11, 2009

Will Wear A Jumper If Pushed


Oh what a week it's been! Andrew came down with some horrible virus on Monday night and suffered with a blazing high fever all week. Got up over 104 several times, making me pretty nervous since before this, I don't know if he's ever had a fever over 100. So he spent his days pitifully laying on the couch watching Thomas and Wonder Pets and sipping on lemonade.


We went to the doctor twice, and other than the fever, he checked out fine, so she figured it must be a virus and not an infection. Roseola was a guess, but his fever has finally stayed down today without medication and no rash appeared, so who knows. BUT now he's complaining about his stomach. We're pretty sure his little system just got out of wack with all the gallons of Motrin we've been pouring down his throat, so he's been pretty miserable (and irritable!) with tummy cramps. I plan to start tomorrow morning with a big glass of prune juice and see what that does. We can all hope it causes crazy diarrhea since ...


... we'll be on a plane headed for Myrtle beach! The doctor gave us clearance to go ahead with our plans to visit with my mom, my Aunt Amy, my cousin Ashton and my Aunt Leslie. I am so excited! Phil is going to walk me through airport security and see me on the plane with my wee ones, then mom will be waiting for us on the other end. I think I can handle just sitting on the plane with the two of them (as long as there isn't massive bowel activity from anyone). Elsbeth can't wait for some good girl time with her Aunties and cousin.


And as of today, I am the proud owner of a Nissan X-Terra named Strider! Isn't he so handsome? Poovey (the van belonging to Nannie and Papa) will be passed on to Aunt Sallie, and Strider will be taking over all my transportation needs. I love him.


Thought for the Day: I think George Michael's "Father Figure" has got to be the creepiest song ever in the entire world. Is it just me?

14 comments:

Ashton said...

I love that Melvina is sitting atop Strider, what a wild woman.

Emily said...

NOOO! It is one of the creepiest songs ever! I have long thought this. George Michael is creepy on so many levels, but it is this song that pushed it over the top for me. Thank you for your moral courage in speaking out about this. Pardon the bad paw writing.

Brea said...

Poor Andrew and poor Mommy! I can't believe it lasted all week! I hope you have a wonderful time at the beach. Congrats on the SUV...I know how you loved driving the mini-van. I'm still a mini-van driving wanna be myself.

Phil Mobley said...

Christy forgot to mention the best feature of Strider: he came with a free trailer hitch and can of Skoal in the center console.

Jenni said...

Not jealous of the son-with-fever, but I'm jealous of Myrtle Beach, Strider, Melvina, and GM commentary.

Unknown said...

Sadness. Wish we could have been in MB!

jkballentine said...

Christy

Since you are such a fan:

http://www.starpulse.com/Music/Wham!/gallery/PRZ-001543/

Bear

leslie said...

just practicing commenting on the blog - ignore

Crazy Aunt Sallie said...

I'm waiting for a post about your beach trip. I'm dying to know if Melvina and Carrot Head were reunited!

trmills said...

Did you go to the beach in your awesome new ride? I bet that made it SO much fun, assuming Elsbeth didn't provide the soundtrack...and you were able to dip your snuff.

I'm so sorry Andrew was sick. Can't stand that, but glad it's long gone by now.

I find I can recall almost all the words to Father Figure, and it is a creepy song!

Miss you!

Anonymous said...

hello fellas. I'm really into shoes and I have been looking for that particular make. The prices due to the fact that the boots were around 230 bucks on every site. But completely I bring about this locate selling them someone is concerned half price. I exceptionally love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly purchase these. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

good morning fellas. I'm actually into shoes and I have been searching for that particular make. The prices as regards the boots are approximately 300 dollars everwhere. But definitively I base this location selling them someone is concerned half price. I in reality like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly buy these. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

hello everyone. I'm really into shoes and I have been digging as far as something that particular make. The prices due to the fact that the boots are about 350 bucks on every page. But for all I bring about this area selling them for the benefit of half price. I absolutely want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly order these. what can you tell me about these?