Monday, November 2, 2009

There Are Two Ingredients In Candy Corn: Wax And Nasty


Oh my, Halloween was such fun. My wretched camera battery dared to die as Andrew was getting all dressed up, but Dave came to my rescue and got a family picture. Phil saw this and said, "Elsbeth looks like she's desperately trying to remain dignified." :-) I love my hilarious little farmyard family.

We had a lovely chili dinner with the McSchnazzys and the Leathers, then went on an early jaunt around the neighborhood. The kids were so adorable! At each door, Andrew would hold up his new candy and yell, "Look Mommy!" Then he'd ask me what it was. His most prized possession was a ring pop, and he'd check on it between houses.


We had fun pumpkin carving as well. He didn't relish pulling out the guts like I thought he might (personally, I found it exhilarating), but he enjoyed my very elementary face carving and, of course, watching it glow.


I love autumn.

10 comments:

Nina said...

I'm so excited to be the first to leave a comment on the blog! Let me just say that I laughed out loud, then continued to giggle as I gazed at the delightful farmyard family that I can claim as my own. (I'll share with you, Nannie and Papa!) I can't wait to find a few minutes during the school day to give my fellow teachers hoots of hilarity.
Andrew, you are the cutest little pig ever.

Christi said...

I already commented on Phil's Facebook page, but you guys definitely win costume contest of the year! Awesome!

Anonymous said...

Great costumes! I love that all 4 of you got dressed up for the night!
BTW, I agree with you about the nastiness of candy corn. For some reason, my dislike has convinced my boys that they are missing out on some great candy.

Felicia Miller said...

Love it, love it, love it! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Love you! Felicia

Unknown said...

Nina is right!!! The farm family is ADORABLE!!! I LOVED the costumes!! You all should be on the front of a magazine!! I cannot believe you got my son in that pig outfit!! It's amazing what love will do! And Andrew was just the cutest!!

Phil Mobley said...

Mother, I'll have you know I was not a "pig." I was a WILD BOAR!!!

trmills said...

Phil does look pretty wild in that picture. I don't know how you contain his boar-like ferocity. So fun that you had a big time on Halloween. That photo will be a historical family favorite, I'm sure. Happy fall, friends!

Heather Iverson said...

Marvelous costumes! I love that all four of you dressed up!

Jennifer Lockhart said...

Christy, this picture makes me so happy. I love seeing you in your sheep/old lady hair. So adorable. And Phil as a pig (or hog)...priceless. :) And the kids of course...but I think the real gems in this photo are the adults.

Unknown said...

I love that you made his costume muddy!