Saturday, April 10, 2010

And The Tree Was Happy


My sweet girl is ONE!

We celebrated with a Fisher Price doctor's kit (lovingly chosen by Andrew), a cozy quilt and Peter Rabbit book (from Mommy & Daddy), a gorgeous afternoon at the park with a few friends and a monkey cake, and lots of hugs and kisses.



Elsbeth has 5 teeth, is pulling up on everything and starting to cruise a bit, adores her big brother, chatters constantly and will say Mama and Dada if she feels like it, and will begin going to the church nursery on Sunday mornings (instead of sitting in the lobby with Mommy and Daddy, as has been our tradition).

Happy birthday, my darling girl! You have brightened our lives and brought us unimaginable joy. We love you more than words can say.


13 comments:

Georgia Girl said...

Happy Birthday Elsbeth!

trmills said...

Oh, I loved getting to watch her 'grow up' in all of those sweet pictures. Happy birthday, precious girl.

Christi said...

Happy birthday to Elsbeth! What a great montage and an adorable birthday cake!

Crazy Aunt Sallie said...

Too adorable! I love the yearly birthday montages, but why haven't you made any for Phil? :) Did you make the birthday cake?

Christy said...

Now that you mention it, I have been a slacker wife in the montage department. Maybe for the big 33!

I did make the cake! Would you like to commission me to make Bean a 1 year cake? I giant fish bowl or bird? Or an ox? (Aren't oxen his favorite animals?)

Can't wait to see you this weekend!

Unknown said...

It's so hard to believe! GREAT cake!

Anonymous said...

She's adorable! Love the cake!

Brea said...

Sweet, sweet! Happy one year, Elsbeth!

Phil Mobley said...

I would like to humbly request that zero birthday montages be made in my honor. Thank you.

Dave, Ami, Hadleigh Claire, Annelise, and True said...

happy birthday els!

Unknown said...

HOW ADORABLE!!! She has changed so much over the past year! There's no doubt she's Andrew's sister! I just love the montage! Your blog is just so wonderful! Love it and those 2 grandkids!!! See you SOON!

Aunt Jessie said...

So precious!! I love the birthday montage too! SO sweet! I LOVE the cake!! Great job! Can't wait to see y'all this weekend!

Emily said...

I'm so glad you posted all those pictures. It makes me feel like I was there to see it. Happy Birthday, Tiny Elsbeth!