Sunday, July 4, 2010

Wierd. Do NOT Give Her A Key.


With the help of many strong backs, willing spirits, and du-rag-wearing nut jobs, I am thrilled to announce that we now occupy the greatest house in the world (as far as I'm concerned, anyway).

For those of you who might not recognize her (like Papa) ... this is Nannie. This sweet woman slaved over our old house, leaving it sweet and clean for our renters, pretty much unpacked my entire kitchen the night we moved, and spent hours playing hide-and-seek with Andrew.


Super fly Aunt Sallie is the best thing since sliced bread. This lady can haul boxes and wrap pictures like a pro, and look like a darling peasant woman while she does it.


Here's my baby daddy, lookin' all fine while he puts together a tv cabinet. I just found out he not only has a favorite screw driver, he's named it Steve.


The kids were major champs on moving day. Andrew was Daddy's right-hand man, and Elsbeth rode sweetly in her backpack for hours.


I'm so glad to be here, and so glad my world seems to be taking on some order again.

Couple of fun shots of the sweeties:

Andrew at his first Braves game with Daddy (as a reward for a very long sought-after bathroom achievement).


Elsbeth's first pigtails (aka the "double snork").

6 comments:

Ashton Sanderson said...

The "double snork" is the greatest thing since sliced bread

trmills said...

Oh my. Glad you're home, and love the do-rag theme. Phil looked the most at home in it, I think. The pictures of the kids at the end made me wistful- those are sweet, sweet memories. Enjoy that beautiful house. Can't wait til I get to visit there.

Unknown said...

Elsbeth looks just like you in that last picture!!!
So glad you are enjoying your new home. I had such fun, even though I am not having fun with my poison ivy! :) Love you!

Phil Mobley said...

Our devious plan to make copies of ourselves is now coming to fruition! BWHAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!

Crazy Aunt Sallie said...

I was scrolling through your archives and realized that we haven't heard much about Melvina and Carrothead recently. Are they still madly in love?

Pittsburgh Auntie said...

Melvina just sadly left Pittsburgh and is currently with Nina. She hated to leave Carrothead but is dying to see her new house. (She assumes she will have her own room)

Pittsburgh Auntie