Friday, July 23, 2010

"Zoom!" Said The Head, Buttering My Bread


This is home, my sweet Genevieve.

Phil keeps asking me what I love most about her - hard for me to settle on, but the outdoor spaces are high on the list on any given day.

Here's Phil relaxing on the front porch. Based on the piles of hair I keep finding on that swing, the neighborhood cats also like relaxing there.


Unless the day begins at 90 degrees with air that could drown an ox, we eat our breakfast on the back porch watching all the birds (and squirrels) on the feeders and listening to the little pond waterfall. (Full disclosure: This photo was taken before we bought the house - some of the cool stuff you see here now lives somewhere else.)


Elsbeth LOVES the child-size wicker set the dear former owner left for us. AHHHHHH!


Backyard.




Andrew and Daddy working on a compost bin. It was completed 5 days ago and is already full.






Front yard.


This is how we travel to the park, which is now 1/2 block away.


Two blocks away is the Greenway Trail that is fabulous. I walked it every morning for 3 days straight, contemplating my new yard and how I really, really, really don't want to kill it with my black thumbs and complete lack of knowledge of anything botanical. Then I got a cold and lost my walking ambition and have thus been left to fret over the yard while peering at it from the windows.


I plan to post some of my plant questions (like what the heck are the crazy shoots coming out of my Lady Banks rose that grow, like, 8 inches a day?! Do I cut them off? Photo coming.)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful home!

Riddles said...

I love it! Thanks so much for posting the pics!

Christi said...

What a fabulous home, guys!

Brea said...

Truly, you live in a bed and breakfast! Such an amazing home! And a trail close by, how perfect! You're living a charmed life! :)

trmills said...

It's just all too lovely. That backyard begs for a game of kickball. And the miniature wicker! Oh my!

Sara said...

Christy, your new home and yard are just lovely!! So perfect. Love it!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! So glad you all are in that wonderful house and yard. I know nothing about roses. I try to grow things that take care of themselves. It's worked out pretty nicely.

Jessie said...

AHH I LOVE IT!!! I'm on my way now! ; ) When I get there let's go antique-ing!

Heather Iverson said...

Wow, Christy! I am so happy for you. The house and yard are so beautiful. Does Anne of Green Gables come by to have tea with you on your porch?

Elsbeth's pig tails are a riot!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE it! I will so come and live next door to you now. Or maybe even build a tent on that awesome porch. Does the offer still stand? :)
Jennifer Lockhart