Thursday, September 2, 2010

The Frightful Bombastic Aghast

Here's the last few weeks in pictures in no particular order with a smattering of disjointed thoughts:

TFO has actually turned a corner and is a cheerful, darling delight the majority of the time. But at any moment, her sensitive soul might decide a particle of her universe isn't exactly as it should be ...
and she lets you know about it.


My Nibblet has fallen deeply in love with Mr. Bear, a really sweet stuffed animal that Phil picked out for her months before we met her. She is always full of kisses for him and clutches him tightly while listening to bedtime stories and going to sleep. He makes any sad situation tolerable.


Speaking of bedtime, Phil was finally given the privilege of putting his daughter to bed earlier this week. This was the first time I had not put her down myself. Ever.


The Precious is my wacky, fun-loving boy! We've started a new gymnastics class only a few miles from our new house and he loves it. I'm hoping to also do some more swim classes soon.


He had his 4-year-old checkup, and though he was apparently not in the mood for a photo shoot, he was incredibly brave and sweet. Barely a whimper during his shots. (I'm going to enjoy this while I can since I anticipate it taking 3 strapping orderlies to hold TFO down for such an event.) Everything looked great, and after years of holding steady at 30 pounds, he's now a lean but healthy 35.


Elsbeth just loves wearing Andrew's shoes.
It amazes me how well she can run around in them.



I don't know why my house is such a sty when I have so much great help. It must be messy Daddy's fault.





Els loves putting clothes in the washer. Occasionally I have a basket of clean clothes sitting next to a pile of dirty ones, then when I go to start the next load the machine is full and both piles gone.
Therein lies the rub.

5 comments:

Nannie said...

PRECIOUS PICTURES!!! I can't believe how much Elsbeth has grown up!! She's a little doll! And when I move back, I will have them come do my cleaning!

Nina said...

TFO is definitely looking like her mommy did at that age!

Georgia Girl said...

Oh my! I cannot believe how much they've grown. Where have I been? Oh wait, raising two of my very own - haha! Els is no longer a baby - she is officially a little girl. Heavens - Drama and all! I love the 3rd picture of her. And I can't believe her long legs. When can we get them together?!?!!

Aunt Jessie said...

LOVE THESE!! We missed y'all last weekend! : ( Your house was absolutely amazing and would have been even more beautiful if you and Els would have been there! But we had a great time with wonderful hosts P and A!! We'll definitely be back soon! See y'all in a couple weeks!

Unknown said...

that bear is adorable. my kids like mixing my laundry too. of course, sometimes it stays in the family room/laundry area for a week, so i can't really blame them.