Saturday, September 11, 2010

Spoot


Elsbeth and I took off last weekend - just us girls! - to visit my dear family in NC, and we had such a wonderful time. Els decided that Ashton was pretty much the best thing ever as soon as we walked in the door (and she is). See this picture? Nibblet being held by Not Mommy? And Mommy was taking the picture, so I was in view and everything, and there she is being all happy and smiling. It was bliss.

Els took a really long nap one afternoon, so I got to not only nap myself, but have a quiet tea time with my Aunt Amy, Ashton, and my wee tiny 4-foot grandmother. Or perhaps my Nana was just leaning back in this picture. I can't remember. Whatever the case, she made some wonderful pumpkin bread that Elsbeth later inhaled.


Sunday afternoon we spent enjoying the very adorable Burlington City Park. Here we were riding the little train that on loop 1 totally weirded Els out, loop 2 had her feeling wary but not yelling, and loop 3 turned her into an expert and nearly happy train passenger.

Can anyone tell me why I would purposefully take a photo next to Ashton? I mean, really. I'm taking a blogging break right now to go put on a mud mask.



I'm not sure why this picture turned out this way, but I love it.


The boys had some manly bonding time hiking around Stone Mountain and eating multiple meals at The Waffle House. Aunt Jessie, Uncle Jeff and cousin Anna-Kate came to visit and, as far as I can tell, were entertained with hours of football games, meals of week-old leftover flank steak and cold cereal and a drive downtown where they were permitted to peer out of the car windows at Phil's office building. I'm pretty sure we're never going to see them again.

I'll end with this picture of Andrew who decided to give himself a mustache with a dry erase marker. I was actually a little disappointed in how easily it washed off ... I don't know why.

5 comments:

Phil Mobley said...

I see you've divined my purpose in inviting my brother's family...

Ashton said...

Favorite blog title ever.

trmills said...

So good to see Ashton looking so lovely and well, and glad you had girl time. I love the picture of all 4 of you, wee Nana and teatime.

Auntie said...

We miss you and Nib dreadfully. It's spoot when your not here....

Unknown said...

Jealous of the girl time, not of the described guy time ;0)