Monday, January 10, 2011

Every Idiot Who Goes About With 'Merry Christmas' On His Lips, Should Be Boiled With His Own Pudding



Mobley Christmas 2010

The Precious was sick with a really terrible cold all around Christmas ... probably his version of Elsbeth's croup. I was really trying to push some merriment on Christmas Eve here, making sugar cookies for Santa. That face says it all.


Christmas morning brought us a much happier boy (after a vaporizor purchase, a lot of Vicks and some really spectacular nighttime meds). I love it ... one hand stuffing his face with a Little Debbie Christmas tree cake, the other deep in the stocking searching out the next treat.


My ca-ca-doodie camera didn't do a very good job with Christmas morning photos, but here's a fun (if blurry) moment of Els and the 6-inch Elmo she found in her stocking.


I think someone underage got ahold of my camera (and did a much better job than me ... perhaps it's the ca-ca-doodie photographer that's to blame). Anyway, this picture just makes me happy ...
Elmo biting the heck out of someone's finger after being
released from the stocking.


And here's our girl again, decked out with sparkly ruby slippers given by Nina and Pa.


It was so wonderful to have my family here to spend Christmas with us - it had been a year since we'd seen Bradley!


Hanging out with Pa


A wee Christmas snow!


I'm afraid playing outside with mommy will pale after the
Uncle Bradley One Man Circus.

Enjoying the shananigans from afar.


Nina was also willing to brave the wintry outdoors (and nearly made herself sick pushing Elsbeth 'round and 'round on this little train.)


Christmas all over again with Nannie and Papa!


I think she's saying "More."


Poor Nannie and Papa, trying to get a picture with all the grandchildren at one time. Trying to get everyone to look at the camera got funnier and funnier. Not sure if it ever happened, but this was the closest shot I had. I think maybe Andrew was tired of smiling and thought he'd try a maniacal look just to keep things fresh.


And I leave you with a shot of Elsbeth heading out to the mall with her jacket from Uncle Bradley, her pants from Aunt Gayle, her shirt from Nannie and her beloved doggie purse from Aunt Sallie. Don't you all fear for me in about 13 years?
"Like, chill out Mom! I'm just, like, going out for a while. Gosh."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are so funny! I love that last picture and Elsbeth in pigtails too.

trmills said...

You all look quite festive, even Andrew as he rejoices in his cookie making...and so glad to see Bradley in on the Christmas revelry.