Saturday, April 14, 2007

But Why Is The Rum Gone?

Clearly, I do nof mulfi-fask well. Tor a monfh or fwo, I spenf a ridiculous amounf ot fime sfaring af fhis compufer screen while chunks ot house crashed around me. Lasf week I was overcome by fhe nasfiness ot my carpef (see all pef reterences in previous posfs), borrowed a sfeam cleaner and became a carpef cleaning junkie. Now I'm resurtacing wifh relafively clean carpefs and (tinally!) a healfhy baby, however Chooch (my lapfop) is all in a snif after being "cruelly snubbed and ignored." If appears he's exacfing his revenge by swifching my t's and f's, and he tlafly retuses fo lef me download any new picfures, so I'm posfing a couple ot my tavorifes trom a phofo shoof Phil's cousin did tor us back in Ocfober.

(After much pleading and promises of a mouse massage, sweet and kind and glorious Chooch has graciously permitted to let me type in peace.)

So guess what TCBITW is doing now? Clapping! I get applause for getting him out of his crib, changing his diaper, reading books, etc. It's great to be so appreciated. My favorite thing is that he claps to let me know when he's done nursing on one side, then claps again when he's completely done. Did I mention that he's TCBITW? I've also found that he will clap on command, the first indisputable evidence that he understands words (or, at least, word), so he shall hence forth also be known as TMFIBITW (The Most Freakishly Intelligent Baby ....) Since this discovery, I've tried to teach him all kinds of things (pointing to my nose, shaking hands, waving), all of which he responds to with clapping.

This morning Andrew and Daddy had bonding time while I went off and had all my hair cut off. My new 'do is a little longer than Phil's, but not by much, and I love it. I can barely tell that I have hair, which has been my dream for some time now, and if I decide I'd actually like to "fix it," it would take 3 1/2 minutes at most. Sallie, if you decide that I'm too manly now to be your bridesmaid and ask me to instead wear a tux and answer to Ernie, I totally understand.

8 comments:

Brea said...

Ohhh, I can't wait to see the new do (I'm assuming that picture was taken before the hair cut). You can pull off a short hair style really well.

That is really cute about Andrew's applause. It's so fun when they start to understand what we're saying!

Christy said...

Thanks, Brea! However, I want to be sure the world knows that the picture is of SALLIE MOBLEY (Phil's sister) wearing on of my wigs. :-)

Another benefit to this sort hair - much easier to wear wigs. Oh yeah, baby!

jkballentine said...

Christy -

You know, I have been thinking that you need to begin refering to Phil by the name that you called him when you accidently called our number one time. Does Snickerdoodle ring a bell?

I can't beleive you cut your hair. Do not tell Carrie. After many years, she is finally growing hers out again. What is is with mothers and wanting short hair?

BEAR

Emily said...

Do you really call Phil Snickerdoodle? Because I think that would really catch on. I have always attested that Andrew was very advanced. Just wait unitl you come home and he's rigged up your lights to "the clapper" that was so popular in the early 90s... Brea's right about you and short hair. If I ever leave the house again I'm excited to see it.

Christy said...

Bear, you haven't even seen it yet. I look incredible. People are stopping on the street and asking for my autograph (and calling me Josh Hartnett, but so what?) And until you grow yours out and let all 3 of your munchkins tug on it for hours on end, I suggest you shut your face.

Em - I've been wanting a clapper hooked up to our bedside lamp for years and Snickerdoodle won't let me get one. It's so far to reach over to turn it off when I'm sleepy! recious and I will have to do a little handywork while Daddy's at the office ...

Anonymous said...

Christy, you are going to get it when you least expect it. Thanks for making everyone think that Phil's sister is a man! You'll never figure out where I'll leave my unmentionables the next time I visit you. :)

Georgia Girl said...

You truly have no idea how much your writing brightens my day! Monday is so much fun to read one of these hilarious blogs.

Andrew's advanced skills continue to amaze me. I dreamed last night that C was saying Mama, but I still haven't heard the precious sound yet! He does clap when I enter the room, though.

You are so brave to cut your hair, can't wait to see pics. The only thing I like about keeping mine long is I don't have to brush it before coming to work. I just pull it in a pony and go! And I only have to have it cut twice a yaer. I certainly don't want a short-do.
Anywho-by the next babe that may change. Love ya lots, G

The Carsons said...

As always, hilarious--so much fun to read!

Can't wait to see you, your new haircut, and of course your precious little boy, next weekend.