Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Lupus?! Is It Lupus?!


The latest addition to our festival of toys is the Johnny Jumper or Johnny Jump Up or Jeffrey Hop Around ... whatever it's called, Scooter Bicks of Sweetness gets a big kick out of it. I discovered that I could take mini-movies with my camera and got some adorable bouncing footage that I cannot figure out how to attach to the blog. Eowyn, help! What voodoo magic do you have to perform to post a video?

Andrew and I went on an exciting adventure to Kroger the other day, just to pick up a few essentials (milk, bread, tea bags, tea cookies, cream for tea ...). Since I wasn't planning on a major shopping experience, I just slung a basket over one arm and pushed the stroller with the other. At the self-checkout place, I decided to put the bread on Andrew's lap instead of in the basket under his stroller where the other goodies were going, and while I turned around to grab the last of my purchases, he started gumming the corner of the grocery bag. A vigilant Kroger employee rushed to the stroller and removed the edge of the Plastic Bag of Death from his chubby fingers, saying something like, "Ohhh, lets not eat the Plastic Bag of Death." I smiled at her as I left the store and she replied with a stony, "Have a nice day" which could clearly be interpreted as, "You are the most horrible human being I have ever come into contact with and I would like strike you with a tire iron." I'm glad I didn't stick the bag over his head and hand him the flaming hot steak knives as I had originally intended.
--------------------------------------------------
Thanks to Eowyn-Wan-Kanobi, I now have a video for you! You've got to love all the crazy stuff we've got hanging off the contraption. My favorite is the toy flashlight. The voice at the beginning is my mother's, then you hear me chime in using a ridiculous squeaky baby voice saying something like "Weeeee! Jumpy jump!!!" So sorry. Just look at the cuteness.



10 comments:

Erin said...

Then she probably wasn't particularly surprised when you handed him the keys and said, "Why don't you drive today?" Or when you picked up a Coke and said, "Do you want this or Mountain Dew?"

*snort*

Unknown said...

Wally is DYING to get one of those contraptions. (For Rhianwen of course...) :)

I emailed you about the vid.

Unknown said...

Wow! Andrew is getting so big! He'll be a teenager in no time....wait, is his hairline receding?

Brea said...

Christy,

That video made me smile. Andrew is so cute. I'm glad I'm not the only one who makes all kinds of silly baby voices. Somehow, it's just impossible not to.

If you could pass along the info on how to post videos, I'd appreciate it. I've been trying to figure it out, to no avail.

And if it makes you feel any better, Brennan's bitten off the corners of a few plastic bags in his time. He's got some chompers. One Sunday, he even bit the corner off of John's Bible! If he gets his hands on something for even a second, it's in the mouth. They really can't expect moms to be vigilent every single second, can they? :)

trmills said...

Wehave been longing for a new SSB installment...this did not disappoint! The excitement of the jumper, the drama of the plastic bag...

Asa screeched and hit the desk in joy as he watched the video of his good buddy. I personally loved the "jumpy jump" part the most!

Anonymous said...

You are obviously trying to kill your baby by even letting him near plastic. You are no longer allowed to associate with Bauers-Hawkins, and I'm going to be sleeping with one eye open the next time I stay with you. Who knows what you're capable of!?! :)

Unknown said...

Bravo! I like my new nickname :)

Your babe is SUCH a cutie.

steve-o-meter said...

That video is soooo cute!!

Thank you for sharing it!!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world of strangers deciding they can parent better than you! Just wait until your child is throwing a fit in the middle of, let's say, Walmart because his horrible mother has said "no" to the bag of Skittles for which he is begging. And the cashier, who is oh so much wiser than you, looks at you with a condescending smile and says, "Why don't you just give him the candy?!" Though you will want to respond with a very nasty comment, it will then be your responsiblity to look at her and respond with some kind of Christ-like comment. Ahh, parenting in public is so much fun, isn't it?

Georgia Girl said...

That's Caleb's favorite ruffage...newspaper, cardboard, etc. I think that same lady approached me in Wal-Mart! I've always found a plastic bag to be the perfect entertainer while changing his dipy.

I'd love to know how to add video also. I am learning to use my camera for video but keep turning it longways by accident which makes the video sideways...argh! I have a grand video of my savant playing the piano, only thing is it is recorded sideways. How can someone so advanced have a mother like me?