Thursday, May 3, 2007

I Got Ice Capades. I Know A Guy.


Well, Sallie and David are happily married and currently soaking up some rays in Jamaica, and we're settling back into our little routine here at the house. Isn't my boy so thoughtful to help his old mom with the laundry?

Some personal highlights from the weekend:
  • Searching unsuccessfully for my camera for 20 minutes before leaving
  • Going the wrong way on I-20 for miles because the eastbound exit was closed
  • Getting stuck in awful traffic in Augusta with not a shred of evidence as to why (when you come to a standstill on the interstate, you want to see billowing smoke or a herd of escaped turkeys or something)
  • Dropping scalloped potatoes down the front of my dress at the rehearsal dinner
  • Having Uncle Ron see me drop scalloped potatoes down the front of my dress at the rehearsal dinner
  • Seeing Sallie and David look so incredibly beautiful and happy together
  • Getting my make-up done by a thinner, less menacing version of Ursula the Sea Witch
  • Listening to Chris Sligh and Jessie Mobley sing an incredible duet during the ceremony
  • Beaming with pride when Andrew grinned up a storm for pictures, as though I had something to do with it
  • Having my mother ask me if the lyrics to a song Chris sang at the reception included the phrase "devil spawn" (the phrase in question was actually "since the day I was born")
  • Consuming some of the best potatoes ever mashed
  • Watching my mom jump into the bride & groom's waiting limo just to see what it was like inside
  • Watching my mom lay down on one of the seats inside the limo in order to get the full experience
  • Having my mother proclaim that the limo smelled like sun tan lotion
  • Watching the limo driver glare at my mother
  • Trying to catch the bride & groom on fire with sparklers as they exited the reception building
  • Watching the limo driver glare at all of us for burning holes in his red carpet
  • Snarfing extra wedding cake when no one was looking
  • Watching Andrew scoot around at the edge of a lake in Phil's family's neighborhood (He loved it! The beach is going to be a blast this summer!)
  • Finding the camera (once back at home) in the front pocket of a toy bag we'd had with us the entire time

I took another video yesterday with my newly discovered camera. I'm afraid a monster has been created. I turned the camera part the way through, so you'll have to tilt your head (sorry), but be sure not to miss Precious sticking out his tongue at the end in his effort to grab the recording device.




10 comments:

trmills said...

Oh My. That laundry photo makes me VERY happy. The straight-mouth smile is one of my favorites. The wedding sounds like it was beautiful, and your mom sounds like an absolute hoot (but we knew that already). Send pictures!

Dave, Ami, Hadleigh Claire, Annelise, and True said...

While You Were Sleeping...Hey Luc, is this guy bothering you? Cause it looks like he's, ya know, leaning.

Brea said...

Devil spawn...that made me LOL! Andrew's cheeks look so pinchable in that video!

Georgia Girl said...

Hah! I'm not the only one...I love it-sideways video. It's hard not to want to turn it that way, isn't it? I loved it! And I noticed he's got some kind of kitchen spoon beside his favorite toy. Is he also your resident chef?? C and him will have to compare recipes.

Christy said...

Rhi - I'm with you on the straight-mouth smile. Melts my heart every time. And the whole picture thing is complicated by the fact that I cleverly hid the camera from myself, but I know I'll get some from somebody.

Ami - He also said he invented aluminum foil. He's delusional.

Brea - I'm constantly messing with the poor boy's cheeks. I can't help myself. They're delicious.

Georgia - Oh, Andrew's a wiz in the kitchen! The spoon and the rubbery basting brush are his favorite tools. He makes a mean gummy cheerio and mashes bananas in his hands like nobody's business.

Jean Joiner said...

ok- i just burnt my eggo waffle while reading this post. you're just so intriguing, i guess. :) i'm a sideways videoer too...drives allen crazy. i just always forget. glad i'm not alone.

Georgia Girl said...

Definitely not alone, but I realized you can rotate your videos on Dropshots! Only thing, if you turn it sideways half-way through the clip, can't be changed. Oops!

trmills said...

"Are you wearing black underwears?"

The Carsons said...

So great to see you in person at the wedding, although I DO feel like I am able to keep up with y'all through your blog, which is nice.

I hate that I missed all of the excitement at your reception table...funny to read!

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! That lady DID look like Ursala the Sea Witch! I knew I'd seen her somewhere! That laundry basket picture has TCBITW in TCPITW!!! Ahhh! I love it! I want a copy of it!