Thursday, May 10, 2007

There Are Two Things In This World That I Hate: People Who Are Intolerant Of Other Peoples' Cultures, And The Dutch

I'm in a bit of a mood today. First off, my Precious and I have colds. Blast! Second off - and on a much more serious note - dear friends of mine adopted a little boy recently. Took him home from the hospital a month ago. Now the birth mother is reconsidering allowing the adoption to go through. The thought is simply unbearable. There is a chance that all of this will be taken care of in a good way - adoption finalized, baby happily and forever at home with my friends - by this weekend. Please pray that this will be the case.

And now, in a flagrant attempt to fuel my depression, I've decided to list


Things I Loathe & Despise

  • Scrubbing the tub
  • Acne
  • Knowing my baby feels rotten

  • Underpants so tall I could wear them as an entire outfit

  • Terrorists

  • When I'm in the shower and the cat whips around and stares angrily towards the door making me quite certain that a murderer or ghost is going to come barreling through the bathroom at any moment

  • Mariah Carey's song "Hero"

  • Stepping on a wet spot in the carpet while wearing socks

  • Seeing the dog with a guilty expression on his face a few feet away from aforementioned wet spot
  • Justin Timberlake (what a man skank!)

Now I shall move on to

Things That Really Burn My Bacon

  • Recipes that call for 1/57th of a teaspoon of some expensive spice that I would never otherwise use, then the whole thing tastes like goat fanny

  • When you're trying to turn left and someone takes an inordinately long time to walk across the street in front of you ... on purpose ... just to burn your bacon

  • The fact that all houseplants take one look at me and commit suicide

  • When I really want Phil to smell something and he won't
  • Those ridiculous church signs that say things like "God answers knee-mail"



And finally,

Things That Sort Of Bug Me


  • The phrase " to love on" (as in, "those circus freaks look a little sad after eating that wheel barrow ... perhaps we should go love on them for a while and make them feel better")

  • When I've got a huge order of groceries (and thus have been in the store for hours and am dying to get home) and someone comes up behind me with, like, a Coke and some Ring Dings, and then I have to let them go ahead of me or else be plagued with guilt for the rest of the day

  • When I go into Wolf Camera and need a particular computer to order a print (something that would take me 2 minutes) and Grannie McGrannie is sitting there looking through all her Christmas photos from the last 7 years
  • Wanting a brownie more than anything in the world and not getting one
  • The idea of people "claiming" Bible verses (Maybe I like that verse, too. Whatcha gonna do about it?)

Despite all my efforts, I don't think I'll be able to keep the bad mood alive for long being that I am the keeper of TCBITW. Don't you love the manly crown of flowers I made for him at the park while Dad was looking the other way?

12 comments:

Georgia Girl said...

I'll be praying for your friends and for your mood :-)

Where's a helmet when you need one? Last Thursday I was out with C-man who was throwing up and this Thursday I was out sick with myself. Ugh!

Anonymous said...

You poor thing! You're hilarious though! You need to write a book! I love the crown of flowers! Haha! Ooh and I know!...Jeff won't smell things either! It must be a Mobley thing.

Brea said...

Christy, it sounds like you really just need someone to love on you and get you out of this funk.

We have one of those churches with cheesy billboards across from our neighborhood. I think the most recent sign they had up said "What's missing from CH-CH? U are!"

I'm praying for the adoption! Please keep us posted.

jkballentine said...

First off...happy first mothers day!

Second...I want to add to the list. You know when you are stuck in traffic and the line starts to move, you go a little and you move slowly (being a good driver and all) and some #$@#$ cuts right in front of you. When we come to a stop I want to ram the car right into him, go and pull him out and kick him in the shin. Of course, I talk big in the car...he could have a gun.

Bear

Unknown said...

Hm, I hope the spices comment wasn't because the taco soup was a gross disaster...

Brea said...

The church across the way has a new billboard message up this week I thought you might enjoy (or not, depending on your mood): "Be an organ donor. Give your heart to Jesus."

Anonymous said...

This is my favorite post yet. I refer back when I need another laugh! I'm hungry for another.......!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Dueling church signs....As I was driving home today, I passed a church and noticed that it had a nice new electronic sign that was just installed. I drove about 100 yards down the road, and read the sign of a neighboring church. It said, "We don't need a new sign to tell the old story." I thought that was rather rude.

Peamama said...

Hey, I'm with you on the "love on" phrase. It makes me feel icky.
But I must have inherited my mom's genes for love of cheesy billboards. Or maybe it's my dim wit, but I always laugh and think--Wow, that was clever.
Do you hate me now?

Unknown said...

Seriously, when someone says, "Smell this!" how can you not be skeptical?

I'm sorry, I've just been burned too many times.

By the way, I was greatly disturbed by seeing my nephew's head adorned by that girly flower thing.

Anonymous said...

Church Sign Update....the offensive sign has been changed. It now reads, "In prison behind unlocked doors". Who knows what that really means.

Brea said...

I'm still hoping that John and I will get a fun nickname for our blog link soon, something really intriguing that would really make people want to go check it out...:)