Tuesday, May 29, 2007

I Am Disinclined To Acquiesce To Your Request. Means "No."



My darling Precious turned 10 months old yesterday, and in celebration we took him to get a polio vaccine. Something seems wrong about purposefully taking my baby to a place where I know they're going to jab him with a sharp bit of metal - then paying them for doing it - but I keep reminding myself that having a baby whose legs work is a pretty fabulous thing. I do really love our pediatric office and it had been quite a while since we'd gotten some stats, so that part was great. Andrew is now 28.5 in. long and weighs in at 19 lb. 10 oz. This is 55th percentile for height and only 25th percentile for weight - can you belive that? Look at those cheeks! Makes you wonder where the 95th percentile babies put it.


We have been having so much fun since the summery weather hit. The picture at the top and just below are from a day of baby pool fun with Skeezix*, Thelma* and Louise*. You can see Skeezix coming to help Andrew lean over the side of the pool and splash, their favorite thing.


Precious enjoyed it all so much that I ran out the very next day to buy a pool for our house. Unfortunately, our yard slopes downward quite a bit, so I put the pool on our deck, because, really, our deck wasn't redneck enough. (see below) Yes, those are cloth diapers drying on the line behind him. I'm just disappointed you can't see that there are actually two grills out there - the one you can see is badly rusted and turns raw meat to ash in about 8 seconds.




Funny story: My Aunt, Pittsburg Auntie we'll call her, came to visit a few months ago and was sitting in the kitchen gazing out onto our deck thoughtfully. (Important notes - there were no diapers hanging out at this time, just the line, and there is a sliding glass door that leads from the kitchen to the deck.) Suddenly, her face brightened and she turned to me and said in all sincerity, "Oh! Is that rope set up out there to keep the grills from blowing into the glass door when it gets windy?" I have had many a hardy laugh at the mental image of that bit of string holding back our two large grills during the violent wind storms that apparently whip through the metro Atlanta area on a regular basis. I also enjoy the thought of me saying to Phil in a bored voice, "Honey, your grill smashed through the sliding glass door again. Better grab the string." I simply adore Pittsburg Auntie.

Below are some fun shots from our outside play time yesterday afternoon.





*Names have been changed to protect the innocent

7 comments:

Brooke said...

Looks like Phil and John are at the pool together 30 years ago!

Phil Mobley said...

Hey! It could only be 28.5 years ago for me!!!!

Erin said...

They are so cute! Next time, everyone over to the whale pool in my yard! P's happy to share.

Anonymous said...

I think I need to have a T-shirt made:
Nana of the Cutest Baby in the World ( and sister to very amusing Pittsburg Auntie )

The hat photos made me laugh out loud!

Brea said...

For John, it would have to have been 34 years ago...

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh!! So much preciousness! There is a couple in our SS class whose baby was born the same day as Andrew. Their baby is in the 95th percentile and he is HUGE!! He's like enormo baby! We are talkin HONKIN! Andrew is perfect! I need a t-shirt that says "Crazy Aunt Jessie of TCBITW"!!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that I have been able to provide you with amusement lo these many months! (that's what I get for letting my mind's very strange thoughts come out of my mouth!) Can't wait to see you in ONE MONTH FROM TODAY!!!
Pittsburgh Auntie