Tuesday, June 5, 2007

I Think You're Bruising My Neck Meat!

How great is Your goodness, which You have stored up for those who fear You ... Be strong and let your heart take courage, all you who hope in the Lord. ~ Psalm 31:19 & 24

It is my immense pleasure to introduce to you baby Weatherson* Neiwert with his parents, Wade and Rachel! Thank you so much for all of your prayers for this family. The adoption was final as of 4:30 yesterday afternoon, and the Family Neiwert is full of joyful celebration. Isn't he a cutie?!


As Andrew gets older, I get more and more comments about how much he favors his daddy. I love it. Not only do they have the same big eyes and adorable smile, but they have the exact same feet. Doesn't having a shorter big toe mean something, like they're geniuses or royalty or destined for incredible wealth?

And finally, in cloth diaper news, I actually bought real cloth diapers the other day. The ones that I normally use are fancy dancy ones with Velcro closures and waterproof outer layers, but with these upgrades you loose some of the benefits of cloth, the main one being air flow. Hey, wake up! This is fascinating! So I went online and purchased what I thought were Chinese prefolds (which is a pretty common diaper), but when they came in I realized they were instead Pakistani prefolds. Gasp! 'Twas not a crisis, fortunately, for as it turns out the Pakistanis know how to make a darn good diaper as well. Below is my first attempt at diapering a squirmy baby with PINS. Yikes. The picture really doesn't really show off just how bad it was. The thing was barely hanging on, sitting low on his hips with enormous gaps around the legs. I might as well have just put him in a pair of Phil's boxers.









6 comments:

Erin said...

Hooray! Oh, I'm so happy for them and so relieved that it worked out and they can be a family forever! I must say, we all have adorable sons :-)

Emily said...

Wait, wait... Some of have adorable daughters!!! I'm so pleases about Weatherston. Christy, this is not related to this post, but I was noticing in reading your published works and speaches, you have declared both Justin Timberlake and Kevin Federline to be man-skanks. I was curious if you thought it was just that Britany Spears is attracted to the man-skank or if it was just sort of a random thing.

Brea said...

Oh, what joy! I can't imagine the Niewert's relief and happiness. Thank you, Lord!

Christy said...

Hmmmm. I had not realized that I had declared both Justin and K-Fed to be man-skanks, but they SO are. I mean, really. Ugh. I also had not recognized the Britney connection - must have been a subconscious thing. After much deep thought, however, I have come to the conclusion that although I have no doubt that Britney has been and always will be attracted to the man-skank variety, J and K-Fed would contain within themselves the same impressive levels of man-skankiness with or without the presence of Brit's affection.

trmills said...

Christy, I love it that your feet are in that last picture. I do that all the time...

We love you, Wade and Rachel and W.!!!!

nannykim said...

Well, well-----, about the cloth diapers------the real thing!!--wow wow wow. I used them all of the time and once you get used to them they are no problemo. They are much quicker at drying then those delux things--well, I also used the non prefolded kind and those dried much quicker.... But, I used rubber pants over them so I don't know how much air they really provided! ps. will add Bradley to my prayer list