Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I Felt Safe, As Safe As Only Can Be When You Are Falling Off A Hill With A Bicycle And A Father

ice cream time!

We're missing Daddy this week as he's off gallivanting in California on a "work retreat." The Precious and I had planned to join him, but decided at the last minute that some time at home might be a wiser choice. Plus, with the time change and the tight hotel quarters, I envisioned myself squeezed under a bed trying to read with a flashlight at 3pm.

The Precious is a fan of hot fudge

OK, I have to pause here to express my horror at the program "Honey, We're Killing The Kids." This episode is featuring a little girl who regularly eats so much junk that she ends up throwing up. And in case the viewers aren't clear on what that means, they show video footage of the blessed event. GAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

Back to the cuteness that is My Precious. We have teeth!!! On Monday I discovered not one, but two gleaming white specks bursting through his sweet pink gums. Upper left and lower right. I kind of hope he ends up getting more.

I was putting something away in his closet yesterday and noticed several pairs of shoes sitting on the shelf. Andrew has only worn shoes once in the past 6 months (for Aunt Sallie's wedding) and I realized I had no idea what size he is now. After trying on a few pairs, I've determined that he's a 3. I think. Is it supposed to be easy to get one-year-old feet in shoes?

Here he is wearing some adorable size 3's I was afraid might never see the light of day. He was fascinated by the contraptions eating his feet.



5 comments:

Brea said...

What a cutie! Those shoes make him look like a big boy!

trmills said...

your kitchen makes me homesick...can I come over for tea?

Anonymous said...

How is it possible my Precious has gotten cuter and so much more grown up looking in the month since I have seen him!?! I must kiss those sweet cheeks soon!

Anonymous said...

What blonde hair too... must have been all the lake and beach time recently!

The Carsons said...

I've been missing your posts--my hard laughs have been less frequent without your help! I did, however, enjoy the ebay listing that you sent my way...hilarious. Congrats on the teeth, hope they don't make him too fussy!