Sunday, August 19, 2007

I Thought The Whole Apricot In Honey Thing Was The Real Low Point

Andrew soaking up the rays with Nannie

Well, we've done the lake and we've done the beach, so if we can work the mountains and outer space into our schedule I think we'll about have it. I love family adventures. We have a blast and get exhausted, and then we can truly appreciate the mundanity of days spent playing in the living room and taking regular naps and such.

Our time at Edisto Beach with Phil's family was wonderful. For some reason our Sweet Scooter wasn't as into the ocean as he was in Myrtle Beach (strange, since the water at Edisto was amazingly calm), but he was just as thrilled with the taste of the sand and the feel of grit all over his person.



Nannie and Papa rented a nifty bicycle that had an infant seat attached, and The Precious loved going for rides, even in the mosquito-infested 105 degree heat. He isn't really all that big for his age, but for some reason he looks really tall and old in the picture below. I must be delusional about how much he's growing up as I constantly find myself surprised by how big he looks in photos.



More big boy updates. We've got steps!!! Four steps, to be exact. He enjoys walking between Phil and me as a game, but still quite prefers crawling as his mode of transportation. "Daddy" and "Mama" have become regular words (ah, be still my heart), and I've also heard him say "cheese" and attempt to mimick a handful of other words (he's getting pretty close to saying "Jack" - Shiloh's doggie friend that we've got visiting). I guess we'll have to cut down on all the swearing.

I used to morn, often to the point of tears, each outfit that he'd outgrow, each stage of babiness as it came to a close. And though I still get a lump in my throat at how quickly this delicious time is passing, these new stages are so much fun! Phil and I keep looking at each other in wonder and saying, "He's a little person!"

One final bit of news - Nannie and Papa have officially moved to New Mexico. This could be a problem as Andrew is over the moon for his grandmothers, his affection for them getting stronger with each visit. Nannie was here on Friday and he became completely unglued when he saw her, kicking his feet and laughing hysterically (the biggest reaction to anyone I've seen yet, including me. Sigh.) Fortunately they're only expecting to stay for two years, and Nannie plans to make regular trips back to see us. Nana may need to bump up her visits in the meantime. :-)

And here's a little video clip of TCBITW enjoying Lake Murray on his birthday weekend. Splash, splash, splash!


1 comment:

Georgia Girl said...

It seems to me the time flys a lot faster after he turned 1! I can't wait to see video to come of his steps. We are off to the beach this weekend and I can't wait to see Caleb's reaction. Missing you guys!