Monday, July 30, 2007

Boy Howdy, That Stash Is Mighty Honcho

I'm not going to write much as I'm about to fall asleep (and if you can believe it my spelling actually gets worse when I type with my eyes closed), but TODAY MY PRECIOUS TURNED ONE! I just couldn't let that pass without sharing some pictures from our weekend celebrations. These photos are from a birthday lunch with my parents (Nana and Grandpa) at California Dreaming in Columbia on Sunday. Above is Andrew in his pirate hat (we did a little pirate theme for his birthday). How is such adorableness to be borne?! (Adorabilitude?)

Below is him admiring the Shake 'N Go Chicken that Grandpa picked out for him. I will not even attempt to describe the delightful sounds that emanate from this toy.


And this is His Royal Cuteness being quite pleased with his birthday card and attention from Nana.


Because of my astonishing lack of brains, both my camera battery and video camera battery died on Saturday before our celebration with Phil's family. I have some fun pictures from our time at the lake that I will share as soon as I can find a battery that works, and I plan to beg and plead and whine and threaten violence until I get some pictures from the fam of our party time.

Exactly one year ago, this is how the day began ...

And how it ended.

I have been blessed beyond my wildest imaginings.

7 comments:

Brea said...

Happy Birthday, Andrew! That picture with the card warms my heart.

Georgia Girl said...

I love it, I love it, I love it! Happy Birthday to you, Andrew! Oh how I wish we lived closer.

It's wild to think about what you've done over the last year, isn't it?

trmills said...

Doggonit, Christy, you made me cry! Happy Birthday, sweet Andrew. You could not look any cuter in those pictures.

PS- Asa will be very envious of the Shake N Go Chicken.

Anonymous said...

Arrgh!! Happy birthday, Pirate Andrew!!!!

Anonymous said...

You were in Columbia, just down the street from us, and you didn't call? Argh!! :) Just kidding - I know you were busy. Love you!!!

The Carsons said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I loved the post. It's crazy to think how much one little person can change your life in one short year's worth of time, isn't it? They love so unconditionally and teach us so much about ourselves.

Unknown said...

Wow! I can't believe it's been a year! Time goes by so quickly. It makes me grateful for every moment I have.

Happy birthday Andrew!