Friday, September 7, 2007

Homogenize The World Mochaccino Land


Oh my goodness, do I have a busy boy! Climbing up into things (like the refrigerator and dishwasher) are new favorite activities, as is WALKING! (see video below) My Precious has also dropped his morning nap, so we have even more time for said activities. I think I may look into a zoo membership or pass to the Stone Mt. Park as the weather becomes more friendly for out-of-doors sorts of things. His Royal Cuteness seems to be really enjoying taking his show on the road.


It has just been in the last few days that Andrew has really taken off with the walking. Now he can just stand up in the middle of the floor and take a turn about the room, falling on the sweet bickies after a bit. Occasionally he will careen off to one side and go down head first, and it is this that causes me to hover over him still and wish all my furniture was made of bubbles.

To protect the precious tootsies, I went to Evil Target to exchange some wonderful-but-too-large shoes he got for his birthday (he has wee baby feet). These shoes are a brand only sold in Evil Target stores and I only wanted to get a different size but was prevented from doing so because I had "exceeded my allowance for non-receipt exchanges." What a stupid store. I am considering doing the unthinkable ... getting my Targetesque items from that other place (I can't bring myself to write it out, but it rhymes with Paul Glart.) And, yes, my local Paul Glart is a bit ghetto, but it's cheap and they haven't angered me lately.

And now sit down, inhale deeply and just take in his fabulousness.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

3 things. I was afraid for Rhianwen to even lean on the dishwasher door. I guess I needn't have feared.

I was forced to buy Stride Rite shoes b/c her feet are so big, wide, and fat! I would definitely have gone to that other place if I could have!

And I didn't know Andrew had teeth! When did that happen?!----oh, very cool walking capabilities too.

jkballentine said...

Hey! Watch the Target bashing. I know (boy, do I know) that they can be a challange to deal with, but if it was not for that company, I would not have a job. Me and my brood would be living in your basement :)

Bear

Christy said...

Eowyn - I just turned around one day and there he was on the dishwasher door. :-) That's how I found out it would hold. Andrew got his teeth only weeks ago ... I think the first one broke through at about 12.5 months, and the other 3 followed shortly after. Earlier this morning he tried to "kiss" my chin like he's done since the beginning and bit me really hard! We'll have to work on that.

Bear - Oops. Totally forgot your connection to the Evil Target. Maybe you could suggest to them that they GET THEIR ACT TOGETHER! I must say they do have lovely signs, though. If I do enter that establishment again, it will only because of the allure of the sign.

trmills said...

He is fabulous. I love the overalls and the expression in the fridge-climbing picture!

And Target is oppressive in its return policies. Apologies to Bear and to Brooke.

Anonymous said...

So I have monkey-hoots!! Thanks for sending the book back. I'm sorry that it made you depressed, but I knew that you'd appreciate the snarky writing style of the author. I can't believe Andrew is growing so fast! He's too cute.

Brea said...

Completely adorable and amazing little guy! I can relate to the need to 'take the show on the road.' If you venture out to Stone Mtn, let me know because we have a park pass!

nannykim said...

Finally, a post, I thought something had happened to you and I guess a walking baby happened. As far as Target goes don't be too hard on them because they offer gift recepts--so blame the gift giver not the store! (this is a paid comment from the store--ehem , just kidding) ..but I have to defend them--cause I like em!

Georgia Girl said...

I love it! Could he be saying 'Who me' with those eyes? Has he tried to climb the shelves in the fridge?

You definitely have your hands full now that he's walking. I'm amazed at how daring he is, too. C was so conservative in walking. Andrew is good at bending his knees. Caleb still looks like he's just dismounted a horse!

I wouldn't trade these moments for anything in the world! Love you!!

nannykim said...

Christy--I tagged you on my blog so you have to tell 5 of the craziest things you have on your desk. It was easy for me since we had just gotten rid of all of our desks--I had zero to tell!! So tell what you have an tag someone else.

Christy said...

Oh, heavens! My desk is really a sight. Only 5 crazy things, huh.

1 - pair of chop sticks
2 - Phil's baseball glove and ball
3 - "Chinese in 10 minutes a day" workbook
4 - old bathing suit I'm going to donate somewhere
5 - Evil Target baby shoes I just purchased