Saturday, October 20, 2007

Look! There's Gregory Peck's Bicycle! And Barbara Mandrell's Skateboard!


Things That Please Me:

1. Hangin' with my boys

2. That the song "Jesse's Girl" contains the word "moot"

3. Getting the clothes out of the dryer right after it's done and cheating my ironing pile

4. That here's a pumpkin cheesecake in my oven right now

5. Sonic commercials

6. The fact that, at this very moment, no one is harassing me about having the baby monitor on

7. The hot pink streaks I have in my hair

8. Knowing my brother is on a boat headed back towards the US of A

9. Rocking my Precious to sleep at night (What's that you're saying? Baby Wise what? Sorry, can't hear you over the baby monitor.)

10. Giving Andrew a Superman curl after his bath

11. That Phil let me sleep an extra hour this morning AND unloaded the dishwasher

12. Cheap bleach spray that makes the bathroom scum disappear

13. My tin cat on wheels

14. Phil's dream last night where I was a very powerful, scary woman and he was my prisoner

15. The zoo on a crisp, fall morning



13 comments:

Phil Mobley said...

It appears that you failed to mention the dastardly things you made me do while I was your slave. Such as eat fried lice and throw tomatoes off the top of the Empire State Building.

Erin said...

You and Phil scare me sometimes. Pumpkin cheesecake, however, does not (can I have your recipe?). The zoo is always a perfect place to go.

Baby Wise...Baby Wise... Oh yeah, the book about how responding to your child's needs from birth on will make them clingy and unable to soothe themselves. I forgot that I ruined P's life like that. It's hard to remember when he's so busy creating worlds with dinosaurs and doing puzzles that he forgets I exist (and might like to play with him occasionally). Oh, and when he comes in in the mornings and wakes me up with a kiss and "I love you, Mama." It's really too bad that responding to your child's needs with love creates such miserably spoiled children.

Anonymous said...

Things that please me:

An adorable picture of my grandson hugging a Gorilla statue

The tin cat on wheels was a gift from me

My daughter has the self-confidence to have pink streaks in her hair and to keep the baby monitor on even when her mother suggests she do otherwise

My son is safely away from Iraq and on a ship heading home

Anonymous said...

This post just plain makes me happy. You are great, Christy.

Unknown said...

I'm excited about your brother too!

Why pink streaks?

Christy said...

I've always loved crazy-colored hair and have been plotting to do this for some time. Come on, Eowyn, you don't secretly dream of blue highlghts? Deep down inside? Really deep down?

Jean Joiner said...

i like #2...made me laugh out loud.

Georgia Girl said...

Thing that made me laugh...a picture of a woman in white sandals with a matching hat and chin strap jumping a puddle!

Thing that made me scream and laugh later...finding the plastic roach my hubby planted in the conditioner this morning. What made me laugh more was that he came running when I screamed waking him from his sleep after night shift-guess that backfired, huh?

I'd pay money to be sitting at your breakfast table with our toddlers under our feet while we ate pumpkin pie!

Send a pic of the pink streaks...intriguing!

Unknown said...

Ha! I've only been tempted to make my hair more of a light chestnut color...that's about as crazy as I've thought...and I probably will never do that :)...although perhaps in the golden 80's when I had poofy bangs I may have thought of glitter...

nannykim said...

awww, cute pic with the monkey statue---Pink streaks!!!? SHOW US A PICTURE WILL YOU, Glad Bradley is coming home--been praying daily for him

Anonymous said...

I like you. You always make me smile.

Anonymous said...

You've got to send me a pic of the hair!!! :)

The Carsons said...

Sonic commercials rank up there pretty high for me, too. Great post!