Monday, October 1, 2007

I Am Faster Than 80% Of All Snakes


This is the face that Phil and I were rewarded with on Saturday morning when, during our breakfast out at the Blue Rooster, I shared my chocolate milk with TCBITW. It was poor judgement on my part since the chocolate milk was really good and I barely got a drop. He would guzzle it down until he was out of breath, then reach earnestly for it again. I think we had a few spills on the big boy Gamecock jersey Daddy bought for him during his last visit to Williams-Brice, but it didn't seem to affect it's luckiness. Whew! We really dodged a bullet there! Perhaps Phil will now concede to change the underwear he's been wearing since the night of the UGA game.

A few more shots of Mr. Milk Face ...



In other consumption news, The Precious is now officially a carnivore. He and I shared some chicken chili for lunch this afternoon and I included some actual chicken bits in his serving. I've been really weirded out by feeding him meat for some reason. Odd since I'm far from a vegetarian myself. I love nothing more than a big plate of bacon with a side of BBQ and steak. I think the fact that he didn't have teeth for so long has something to do with it. Pureed meat makes me twitch, and since his food often touches my mouth when I test the temperature, I just couldn't do it. Even with the arrival of the Big Four, I hesitated. I mean, how much do you use your front teeth to chew meat? I think it was watching him chow down on some brick-like animal crackers in the church nursery that convinced me. Anyway, he loved the chili, and now that we've made this first step, I'm sure he'll be scarfing my bacon in no time.

Here's some video from a trip to the park after our breakfast outing. You can see The Precious scootering around with his much improved walking skills, and the last bit with Phil I really enjoy. And in case you can't make out that last thing he says, it's "Oh my gosh, it's scary!"



7 comments:

ErinM said...

That is the happiest child I have ever, ever seen! He looks so big walking all over the place! It's amazing. You would think we'd get to see each other more, living all of 3 houses apart!

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Christy! Chocolate milk and chicken chili in the same week! I think he'll be eating regular turkey dinner for Thanksgiving. Just when his smiles couldn't get any more engaging, he comes up with a new version! If a magazine editor stumbles on this blog your phone will be ringing off the hook.

Brea said...

Those teeth make all the difference, don't they? Suddenly, it's more of a toddler smile! Love those pictures!

Georgia Girl said...

Cute shoes!! I love the milk smile, too. He'd make a great advertisement for milk. I made the mistake of allowing C to have some of my McD's ice cream cone while I was driving. I handed it to him and he wouldn't let go. He doesn't know how to lick, though, so it was all over his face by the time I got home! I thought I'd never do that as a mother-oh, how things change. It's just so darn CUTE!!!

nannykim said...

what a nice smile--chocolate and all!

trmills said...

I just watched the video and loved getting to see him walk, but I most loved laughing out loud at Phil's spin on the hangey-thing. Nice, Phil!

Heather Iverson said...

Too cute! I love those chubby chocolate covered cheeks! I can't believe how grown up he looks.