Friday, May 16, 2008

Thank You For Voting For My Polyp

There's no place like home, but boy did we have a good time! I took a few pictures to document our adventures over the last week. Might I suggest a trip to the bathroom and acquisition of a snack before you begin ....

Milk? Check. Kitty? Check. Ready to hit the road!

First stop, Fountain Place to visit our dear Sandersons.
Andrew fell in love with all of them, as would be expected.


Andrew took what I hope to be the most disturbing picture of me. Ever.

Also during our visit, we had the pleasure of discovering a new family member. May I introduce to you Melvina Pork Bag.

You would not believe the hours we spent anguishing over her name. The process went into the nighttime hours, so the names just got better & better. Here's a sampling:

The Chivalrous Giblet
Jennifer Lopez Dispenser
Scurvy Rickett
Vandy Stick-Noodle
Odious Vapor
Lucifer McNut

Ultimately Melvina was chosen - the intriguing name of one of my mom's 3rd graders. And how do you pass up a last name like Pork Bag?

Melvina enjoyed the Fountain Place hospitality...

...attempted to nest in Brent's hair ...

...and found out the hard way that wandering alone down a
dark mantle at night isn't as safe as it once was.

Andrew feasted upon Auntie's amazing cooking (in this instance, a freshly baked banana muffin).

He fell asleep within 15 minutes of being on the road again
(even though it was only 10:30 am).

We had the joy of stopping at my Nana and Papa's for a wonderful lunch.

Then on to Johnsonville we went for some sweet time with
my parents (Andrew's Nana & Grandpa). Andrew adored the
wide open spaces to run & play.



We got to have dinner with my Mema on Mother's Day.

Andrew taught Nana the art of playing "crash," a game that involves flinging yourself dramatically on the bed. It became part of the evening ritual.

He also honed his somersault skills. Look at that form!

We visited Nana's class one afternoon, and Andrew
was a big hit on the playground.

Miss Pork Bag thoroughly enjoyed the chips at the Mexican restaurant. We're still working on manners.

One afternoon we went strawberry picking with Nana in the fields
only a few miles from my parent's home.



And Grandpa took us to the beach on his day off.


Though warned about the evils of excessive sun exposure,
Melvina insisted on laying out sans sunscreen.

Precious loved the pier, both below ...

...and above.


Grandpa took us to Sam's Corner for hot dogs and onion rings.
It was biker weekend, so just crossing the street was an adventure.

A generous soul, Grandpa shared his footlong.

The day came where we had to load up again and make the long trek home. Fortunately Uncle Jeff and Aunt Jessie left us a key to their house, which made for a wonderful pit stop. I think The Precious could have spent hours admiring his reflection in their guest room mirror.

Here he is brushing his hair with one of those foot scrubber/pumice stone things he found in the bathroom.

He also took full advantage of their back yard. Pine cones are the best!

And he was determined to play on their haunted swing set.


Though glad to be home with Daddy, we're missing all of you loved ones we were so fortunate to visit. Thank you for making our trip so much fun!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Instead of voting for your polyp, I'll vote for the picture the Precious took of you as definitely one of the scarier ones I have seen. The ones you took of him are glorious, and I loved seeing the adventures of Melvina Pork Bag. Come back soon so we can pick blueberries!

The Nana of the Precious

jane said...

wonderful documentation!...
and indeed it was a scary picture - i admire your bravery to post it!

Unknown said...

Wow! What a week! Rhi just picked strawberries this past weekend too...so I'm not stealing your idea ;0) And she brushes her hair with pumice too! Ha!

Georgia Girl said...

I love all the pictures...except maybe the disturbing one of yourself. Yikes!

Once again, you make me laugh with the Adventures of Melvina.

Andrew certainly looks as though he could not be a more well loved child!

And what the little acrobat. I love how you got a pic in mid somersault. Caleb did his first somersault ever on the couch this weekend and was tickled!

Anonymous said...

I really think you should write a book about Melvina Pork Bag. I'd be happy to draw the pictures for you. I love how Andrew's toes are pointed for his somersault!

Anonymous said...

I'm with Aunt Sallie. I think a book about Melvina Pork Bag (she actually spells her name with 2 "n"s )would be fabulous. I'll give you some classroom antics to include if you like.

Nana of the Precious, and teacher or the Melvinna

Heather Iverson said...

Love the picture of Andrew with his muffin. What a sweet smile!