Wednesday, May 7, 2008

But Not A Real Green Dress, That's Cruel


We leave at 7:30 tomorrow morning for a week-long tour of the Carolinas, during which we will visit some of our most favorite people in the world (Sandersons ... Great Nanabai & Grand Papa ... Nana and Grandpa). I really should be in bed, but I've been a procrastinating freak all day, so why stop now? Who cares that I have discovered I don't have enough underpants for the journey. That's why they have Target (or, if in Johnsonville, Fred's).

Below: A photo Andrew took of his feet this afternoon. The blinding white streak is the string from his shorts.


This evening I considered briefly packing, cleaning and doing laundry while Phil went to the Brave's game with his men's group, but fortunately I was saved from that wretched fate by a call from dear Brooke. "I just happen to have some bison thawed in my fridge," she says, then invites The Precious and me over for some bi-sketti. Laura came too with her sweet baby - it was a grand party! (Brooke and Laura's husbands are in Phil's men's group.)

I really wish I'd had my camera. With all the wonderfully cute outfits set aside for our travels, Andrew was looking pretty ghetto with his super short shorts (from last summer) a white trash t-shirt (also bordering on too small). I wanted to capture this look for all posterity, especially when he went scooting by pushing a plastic grocery cart with a baby doll seated up front.

And now, the reason I convinced myself I just had to post tonight. This afternoon I was able to capture on video Andrew making his snake sound. Enjoy. (P.S. He was not yet wearing the ghetto outfit.)


5 comments:

nannykim said...

way too cute; have a nice vacation

Unknown said...

Wow! He's starting early on taking over his own blog! I've been wondering when I'll have to rely on Rhianwen for providing the pictures...I was thinking more like teenager when she is never at home b/c she's doing too many school related activities or working!

Brea said...

If I had a million dollars, I'd buy you a monkey. Haven't you always wanted a monkey?

Georgia Girl said...

What a budding photographer...Bird's eye view.

I LOVE his tossled hair in the first photo! I've often thought of spiking Caleb's.

Georgia Girl said...

Okay, since this post I have been inspired to feed Caleb corn on the cob and teach him a snake sound.

I showed him the video of Andrew and instead of repeating the hissing sound, which I can't even imitate that well, he shook his head. Too precious!

Oh...and we have the same calico stuffed kitty but Caleb seems more attached this his bunny!! I can't believe Andrew doesn't have a bunny :-)