Saturday, June 28, 2008

I Once Knew A Girl Who Died In Her Sleep After Being Impertinent


Potty training week has gone well! I am very fortunate in that Andrew is currently enjoying his books very much, which has helped immensely with potty time entertainment. The training philosophy I decided to employ suggested three full days of baby nudity. After traveling hither and yon, a few days contained in the house was not so bad. Actually, we had a pretty good time!

A little naked coloring ...


... naked sandbox time ...


... and naked blueberry bush examination. Isn't our little bush cute? It's the daughter of one of my parent's bushes, so we have high hopes for her. Andrew picked his first ripe berry yesterday.






Hey, mommies need to have a little fun, too. :-)

Now we're back to clothes, which are also nice. Doesn't my boy look so handsome in his big boy skivvies? Love that pose.


In fear and trembling, we went on our first outing this morning. I figured the zoo was as safe a spot as any - you're not as likely to notice a little puddle on the walkway if you're keeling over from the flamingo stench. It was a complete success! A potty break before and after the trip, two stops at the zoo, and he stayed dry as a bone. I was wild with delight! Who knew a tiny pair of dry underpants could evoke such pride.

10 comments:

Heather Iverson said...

Absolutely hilarious! Congrats on the successful zoo trip! :o) I hope your house didn't suffer too much damage in the way of wet spots. Hee hee.

Unknown said...

Wow! Let me know if it continues. Rhianwen is on again off again with the potty training stuff. But we haven't tried as drastic a version of it as you did. He looks like he enjoyed it ;0)

Anonymous said...

Wow! Great potty training. :-) Miles has been asking b/c he wants to be like his big brother, but I am just not ready to go through that again!

nannykim said...

Yup, that is what we had to do for ole skippy!! He didn't realize he was peeing until he went naked!

trmills said...

Go Andrew! And go Christy! That is great news, and clearly denotes intelligence and developmental advancement of the highest order, which is what we suspected all along. And nannykim's comment made me laugh...I just need to know who "ole skippy" is?

Brea said...

That's AWESOME! Go Andrew! I must say that he was rather adorable running around naked and using the potty when I dropped in last week, but the underwear is a very look nice, too.

Big news - Brennan is starting to catch on to this whole potty thing. All of a sudden this weekend, he has begun going pee-pee on command in the potty, and even initiated it himself once or twice! I'm hopeful that we'll be on our way to big boy pants soon!

ErinM said...

Yay Andrew! But the fact that you gave your little boy pasties is a little scary. The things that go on behind closed doors on our street is definitely something that frightens me. On the other hand, Andrew looks like a little male model in the last picture. Well, a male model with a farmer's tan.

trmills said...

I just have to add that I just showed this to Asa and he cannot get enough of the potty picture! He keeps saying, "more potty!", "wipe!", and "moon!" (because of his book selection:) So they're bonding already!

Unknown said...

Inappropriate pictures!

The Carsons said...

WOW--that's impressive!