Monday, September 15, 2008

They Say I Smell, But That's Not My Fault. It's The Dirt.


I'm so excited to share with you the very first picture of my Nibblet! Yes, Andrew is going to be a big brother!! He now points to my tummy (already expanding at a astounding rate) and says "baby," and I'm pretty sure he knows exactly what's going on. I'll be 9 weeks along tomorrow, due April 21st. Since the photo above, Nibblet has been busy growing an appendix, eye lids and elbows, and just generally wearing Mommy out. I've felt a little greener this time around and find myself drawn to anything double-dipped in sodium. (Food eaten so far today: Toast, Ramen noodles and Saltines ... By the way, did you guys know they make low-salt Saltines?! What freak came up with that idea?) Shiloh, already prone to do this occasionally, now takes every opportunity to sit next to me and lick my arm. He'd do this for 30 minutes straight if I let him, which makes me a little worried that I'm turning myself into a human salt lick. Deer and Guinea pigs are going to start pouring out of the forests to follow me, glassy-eyed.

Andrew is much recovered after the excitement of last week, though still not much of an appetite. In fact, he gets quite put out with me suggesting he eat anything other than chocolate pudding or raisins. Here's a photo shoot from supper last night to give you an idea what meal-times are like at the moment:





No, I didn't give him liver and onions. It was, in fact, fish sticks (one of his ...used to be ... favorites) and broccoli (a vegetable he actually tolerates) and he never ate it. Not one bite. I saved it and tried again at lunch today because I'm so tired of throwing away food. Strike two. I plan to pull it out at tea time today, as I'm feeling committed at this point, but I have to say I'm getting pretty sick of looking at it. Not to mention the pitiful cries of "All done!" as soon as he looks at it. Kids can live on chocolate pudding, right?

15 comments:

jane said...

oh how exciting!!!! i'm so thrilled for you...and sorry that 'nibblet' is making you green. maybe andrew is just following your lead on food aversions ;-)

The Elliotts said...

That's exciting that you guys are having a second one. You're about 20 weeks behind me. I'm due Dec 5th. I can't wait for this little girl to be out. :) Although, much like Christmas, I'm not REALLY ready as ready as I am. :) Keep us posted at how you're doing.
That's awesome!!!

Emily said...

We are so excited about the Nibblet! Maybe Shiloh is just licking you a lot because of the residue from your crisp packet.

ErinM said...

Yay for the Nibblet!

And by the way, I saw two deer come from the woods behind our houses the other day--were they hanging around at your house before that?

Unknown said...

Yay! Congratulations!!! Andrew is just trying to sympathize with you. Maybe you should try to give him Ramen noodle too ;0)

Georgia Girl said...

You are so not alone! The same dinner routine plays out at our house. C eats great breakfast and of course follows along with his fellow classmates with lunch and snacks, but come dinner will have nothing to do with it. We don't offer him anything else, though.

I've always heard it's healthier to eat larger meals earlier in the day anyway, so maybe the little guys just know. Go figure.

Hang in there as nibblet continues to wreak havoc on your body :-) Try some ginger tea!!

Brea said...

Yeah! We are so happy about Niblet and thrilled that you'll be producing an age-mate for our second little one!

I can relate to your dinner-time woes. Two year olds just have minds of their own, don't they?

The Carsons said...

YEAH! CONGRATULATIONS!! May I suggest a nap EVERY day during the remainder of your first trimester when Andrew goes down for his!!! That will get you through your days:)

Anonymous said...

OK, I know I say I love every picture montage of my grandson, but I think I am entitled to such. But the series of mealtime pictures is wonderful and priceless! And a bit reminiscent of some mealtimes with you and and your brothers.

Peamama said...

I'm sorry I cannot call your baby Niblet. It shall not be done. I love that you actually captured Andrew's dinner faces. Those are priceless. I love it. Hopefully his new sibling, Coriander Gray, will inspire Andrew to adore green beans and brussel sprouts and liver niblets.

Heather Iverson said...

Exciting news! I'm so happy for you! :o)

I totally understand the meal time woes. Katelyn is just like that!!!

Randi said...

Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Hope you feel better soon!
Heather

Anonymous said...

P.S. We're expecting another one in April too (the 7th) & I, too, and drawn to all things salty.

Jenni said...

Congratulations!!! You will be SUCH a fun mom to two little ones!