Tuesday, September 30, 2008

He Also Said He Invented Aluminum Foil. He's Delusional.


Since none of my normal human pants fit me (yes, I'm only 11 weeks) and things labeled "maternity" make me look like I knocked over John Candy and stole his clothes, I'm living vicariously through Andrew's fashion these days. Doesn't he look smashing in his little silk Chinese wambones? Phil got those for him last summer during a missions trip and he's finally grown into them. I'm so afraid he'll leak wetties on them during the night that I haven't let him sleep in them, which seems like such a shame. Perhaps I should lighten up. I mean, what's worse - letting them get wet or saving them for the grand purpose of hanging in his closet?

Andrew's snake shirt gets multitudinous complements whenever he wears it - fabulous birthday gift from his friend Spartacus. Though he usually just stares down at the shirt when people ask him what's on it, he will oblige with a great hiss when asked what the snake says.


While Phil was traveling for work last week, I spontaneously decided to meet up with my parents and Bradley in the Great Smoky Mountains. Nibblet's first road trip! We only got to stay for about 24 hours, but it was such a lovely spot and wonderful to spend even a little time with the family. My mom and dad are thoroughly enjoying having Bradley home for a spell before he flys out to Iraq in a couple weeks (we're trying not to think about that much).

Here's The Precious watching some good old Andy Griffith with his Pa (that's what he's calling my dad now) after a spectacular bubble bath in the mountain cabin.


We hiked to a small waterfall - it was all so beautiful and peaceful. Made me want to pack my bags and leave city life in the dust. This picture was taken after Uncle Bradley climbed to the top of the fall, then unceremoniously slid down that super steep rock face (right behind my head). A man approached as this was happening and ran up trying to catch him - I'm sad I didn't see the whole thing (Mom and I were trying not to watch him as, oddly, he tends to make us nervous), but I'm pretty sure it was hilarious. In the end, Bradley wasn't bleeding much and appeared to be quite pleased with himself.

Oh my heavens, I look like a man. Why don't people tell me these things?


Here's Andrew with his Nana (or Nina) sipping on some cranberry juice and taking in all the glorious nature.


Inspired by his first viewing of Andy Griffith, Andrew decided he absolutely had to take his shoes off and put his feet in the cold mountain stream. He didn't enjoy the water quite as much as he'd anticipated, but he did not want those shoes back on and so walked the trail for while like the hillbilly boy he is in his heart.



In other news, Andrew has been eating much better - trying new foods and everything! And I'm feeling much better, so much so that I went in to see the doctor to make sure my sweet Nibblet was OK. He is! My paranoia scored me an extra ultrasound, and I got to see him jumping around in there - the best.

And I'm really excited about autumn. I'm going to make myself wait until the weather drops below 85 degrees before I run out to buy pumpkins and fall leaf arrangements, so until then I guess I'll just have to enjoy watching the creepy spiders spin themselves all over the yard.





10 comments:

Georgia Girl said...

What is it with the boys that when you ask them to smile you get a goofy grin and closed eyes?! Spartacus has started that, too.

And what on earth - you don't look like a man and I can't even tell you are preggers in that photo.

Maybe if we start smiling like our boys people will be less likely to notice our bellies. Toodles!

Anonymous said...

Beside the fact that your mom looks like she is trying to swallow a brook trout, the pictures are darling. Squinty eyes and silk lounging suit are an especially adorable combination.

trmills said...

You don't look like a man, you lovely goose! And Andrew looks absolutely darling and slippery in his silky pj's. I think it's going to be in the 70's tomorrow! So make big plans for your pumpkin shopping spree!

Peamama said...

I have to concur--I see one man in that photo, and it aint you. You look beautiful as usual, and Coriander Gray is not even showing him or herself at all yet.

Anonymous said...

Glad you're feeling better! And, you so do NOT look like a man!

I enjoy reading your blog and seeing your adorable little man.
:-)

nannykim said...

Man, he is growing!!

Bradley has to go to Iraq again,poowee.

Congrats on the pregnancy!

Heather Iverson said...

So glad to hear Andrew is eating better these days. Wish I could say the same for Katelyn!

You do not look at all "manly"!!!

Unknown said...

so you are a worrier too? so glad nibblet is fine :) and you're feeling better.

you don't look like a man, silly...I guess that goes without saying since everyone else said the same thing

Jean Joiner said...

everett is jealous of andrew that he was able to put his feet in the water. we were at the park by our house yesterday and i wouldn't let everett put his feet in the river. he wants to come live with you now.

Anonymous said...

You certainly don't look like a man...maybe an adolescent boy, but not a man!