Sunday, October 12, 2008

Puddle Decided To Be Horrifying


We just got back from a wonderful visit with Aunt Sallie and Uncle David who live in Greenville, a mere 2 hours away (3 hours if leaving Atlanta on a Friday evening). We spent Saturday morning at a fabulous zoo called Hollywild, as many of their animals have been in movies and commercials. It was such a fun place. Andrew got to feed lots of the animals - above he's feeding a sheep a dog biscuit, and below he's shooting a wary look towards a zedonk that tries to suck your fingers off when you offer him food.


This cappybarra was my personal favorite. He left off snuffing some old lettuce to come see what treats we had to offer.


The Precious thought this peacock was the coolest (the peacock agreed). He kept mimicking the way he'd peck at the ground, his jerky movements and his noises, which was pretty hilarious.


The highlight was going on a safari ride on this awesome bus. There were wooden benches on each side, and all manner of wild beasts would come up to take bread from us.


Andrew did lots of his serious, taking-it-all-in face, but he was loving every second of it.


Saturday evening, Andrew got some good play time in with Phil's sister's husband's brother's daughter, Mocha.* They kept sitting on the stairs together making funny clicking (or smacking?) sounds. Bizarre, but very entertaining.


Back at the homestead, here I am posing for my 12-week tummy photo. This was first thing in the morning. I look about 3 months farther along come 6pm.


My 12-week doctor's visit went great. Below is my midwife, Amanda, who delivered Andrew ... wasn't it just a few days ago? She's pregnant with her first and due a day before I am! I'm thrilled to death for her, but I badly wanted her to deliver my Nibblet as well. She claims she'll totally be up for it if she doesn't have her baby first. I like her too much to wish that she be bent over delivering babies while 9 months pregnant.

6 comments:

Georgia Girl said...

That looks like the funnest bus ride ever!!

And you look great, by the way.

Anonymous said...

I just read that capybaras eat their own poo, and they are also sometimes referred to as R.O.U.S.'s (rodents of unusual size).

trmills said...

First of all, I love your title line and the accompanying illustration in the original fine work of literature- one of my favorites. Also, I'm intrigued by the capybara (and also by the fact that Sallie has been reading up on them...). We have a children's book about one, which we haven't yet read, and I'm inspired to start it after Doctor Dolittle.

Jessie Mobley said...

Awh! It looks like ya'll had such a fun time in Greenville! How neat!! Andrew is getting SO big!! Ahhh!! You are looking fabulous!! You are obviously not gaining ten pounds a week like I am! Ha!! I've got to stop drinking so many milkshakes (although they're so helpful when I'm nauseated. I've been drinking like, 4 a day! haha!)! That is so neat that your midwife is due a day before you are! I totally understand the bittersweetness of that though!

Riddles said...

Do you know that during our first year in Brazil Jason actually ate some capybara? He thought it was steak...then our neighbor described it as a very large rodent...hmmm R.O.U.S definitely came to mind! (and not very comforting to find out now that they eat their own poo!)

Brea said...

Christy, you are looking fabulous! Apparently, I am the only ignorant person who has never heard of a capybara. I even asked John and he is familiar with them...must go check Wikipedia.