Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Say Jim! Whoa! That's A Bad Outfit! Whoooo!!



We were heading out to playgroup this morning all dressed up in our Halloween finest when I decided to snap a picture of my superhero. I asked him to make a Superman face, and this is what he gave me. I think it's pretty much my favorite picture of all time.

I just love the things he comes up with to do and say these days. His little teething self had to go to bed without Tylenol last night because I couldn't find it. Not one of his 3 bottles could be located (he likes to have flavor options). This is what I came across later in the evening:


This is the face of a happy boy who just got to share in mommy's hot chocolate with marshmellows. "Marshmellow crazy," he declared about halfway through.


For some reason, Andrew decided back there behind the end table was a fun place to play. He kept asking me to clean up a dead bug he'd found, and I told him Daddy was better with bugs than Mommy was and so we'd wait for him. A few minutes later, he started crying so I ran in from the kitchen. Fortunately, he had not decided to eat the bug. He'd simply gotten his head stuck behind the couch.


And he's still my big helper. He loves nothing more than to sit on the counter while I'm cooking. Here he is helping me chop up vegetables for a beef stew.


In other big boy news, Andrew fell out of his crib only moments ago. Last week, I saw a friend's daughter with her hand in a cast and found out it was from falling out of her crib, so Phil and I are considering bringing in a toddler bed earlier than originally planned. I'm nervous about the transition - what if he decides to do some science experiments with vaseline and toothpaste at 3am? In the end, I'm finding the "what if's" involving ER visits more compelling.

8 comments:

ErinM said...

I think Patrick was about this age when we moved him to his toddler bed. With a baby gate across the doorway, and additional toddler-proofing in his room, it was a nice way to avoid all the fun of nighttime ER visits.

I love the picture of the Tylenols in the heating vent!

Brooke said...

Too funny. You also have crib tent options - Gwen knows all about them.

Georgia Girl said...

What a riot! Loving the Superman face. The Tylenol makes me laugh - so typical. I found makeup brushes months later under my bed in a wrapping paper tube. What else am I missing? Hmmmm.

Now is good a time as any for the big boy bed. It sure made me sad at first when Sparticus moved up because he looked so big all of a sudden, but it will be easier now when Nibblet comes along. Sparticus won't feel so displaced. Actually, last weekend we just moved the crib out of his room completely. I've also been telling him it's the baby's bed.

Heather Iverson said...

Love, love, love the superman picture! And the Tylenol picture and cutting board picture are priceless as well.

I was just looking at Katelyn this morning in her crib and wondering when she will be big enough to pull herself over the side... I think she still has some time to go but scary thought.

Jean Joiner said...

Everett started crawling out of his crib at 2. He would do it on a regular basis and we began to awake to things like a whole bottle of french vanilla coffee creamer dumped all over our brand new carpet. We bought one of those locks that fit over the door knob. That worked for awhile. We put him in his new bed at 2 1/2. It's still an adventure in the mornings sometimes. Good luck!! :)

Brea said...

Good stuff! The Superman Face is the greatest!

I'm nervous about the transition to the big boy bed, too. I'm thinking that some way of making sure he can't get out of the room will be key.

Jenni said...

From now on when I'm having a "mommy-why-are-you-breathing-that-way" kind of day, I'm going to rush to this Superman face and laugh as hard as I did the first time I saw it (I have already gone back several times for some enjoyment). It looks like he is smelling the devil's urine with a twist of asparagus (ask Emily if you don't know of this reference). Also, at the risk of becoming advicy, DON'T PUT HIM IN A TODDLER BED FOR AS LONG AS POSSIBLE OR YOU ARE A HORRIBLE MOTHER (also my first son went into his big boy bed at 22 months and I regretted it for about 22 months, and many, many of my friends did NOT experience the same frequent night wakings--I was just lucky, lucky, lucky).

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!