Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Tiger Can't Change His Spots. No, Wait, He Did! Good For Him!


My Precious has been really into trains lately, specifically railroad crossings, and more specifically, the railroad crossings for the zoo train. Every day he begs me to go back to the zoo, not to see any animals, but to stand and wait at the crossings for the train to go by. Yesterday I finally gave in to his pleading, which was a big deal for me since I knew we were going to freeze our collective bickies off.

Here's my little one waiting (the beginning of much waiting since the arctic zoo was deserted) at his beloved RR crossing:



I'll translate: "That part goes down, gagons go on, train comes." Gagons has been his word for "lights" since the beginning - I have no idea why. I hear this description of what happens when the train comes at least 17 times a day. Poor soul waited for over 30 minutes yesterday to see the train go by until finally I bought us tickets so we could ride it (the only way we were going to see it in action since everyone else there was huddled in the reptile house).
In other adorable news, Andrew has really been enjoying his friends lately. Eunice Chantilly* and her little sister, Patrice* came to play this week. Here he is just about to kiss Patrice on the cheek.


At one point, Andrew and Eunice went running up the stairs to his room, Patrice and me trailing behind. When I walked in, the two of them were sitting together in Andrew's chair, each with a stuffed animal, and Eunice was "reading" a book to him. Ahhh! Here they are sharing a graham cracker snack.


I've been enjoying my friends a lot, too. Rachel came to stay with me a couple weekends ago so that we could throw a party to celebrate our friend Erin's new addition, Mignon*, a beautiful little boy she recently adopted from Ethiopia. Unfortunately this photo doesn't allow you to totally take in his eyes. Next time you're in the grocery store, take a close look at a package of YoBaby yogurt (the yellow cartons) - the baby on those looks just how I imagine Mignon would have looked at about 9 months.


And Sunday many of my closest came over to celebrate my friend Sally as we eagerly anticipate the arrival of her little girl in a few weeks. I tried out my camera's automatic setting, placing it on the couch. This was by far the best shot. I won't quit my day job.


*Yet again, I have changed these names to protect the innocent (and to amuse myself).

7 comments:

Peamama said...

Wow, what a sweet mom to freeze your bicky off so the precious could see the train go by. Is that a new kitchen table? I like it!

Jessie Mobley said...

Oh so precious! I LOVE the video! I can't wait to see him (and you guys, of course!) this coming week! He is talking really well! Ahh! So precious!! And the little picture of him about to kiss Eunice, was it?, was so cute! And the story of them in the chair! Ahhhhh!!!! See you guys soon!! Love to you all! How are you feelin? You look great!!

ErinM said...

Goodness, you have been busy! We had such a wonderful time at Melkamu's shower and definitely want to get together again soon. Andrew can come check out Melkamu's ball pit!

Anonymous said...

He's too cute; I can't stand it!

Georgia Girl said...

What is it with boys and trains?! Sweet Sparticus has recently become attached to a Thomas sweatshirt. He has to wear it EVERY DAY! Which means I wash it every night. He asks for his Big Choo Choo shirt.

PS-I think you migh want to ask Santa for a tripod :-)

Unknown said...

Ha ha! That is a fabulous last picture.

Jean Joiner said...

hilarious pic from the shower. :)