Saturday, September 19, 2009

Lord Humongous


Well, I did it. I bought bows. They're bigger than I thought they'd be when I ordered them - I was sort of planning to start out slow with a "Oh, there's a bit of lint in her hair" look - but heaven help me, I like them anyway. I ... can't help myself.

And, just for fun ...


Phil has just started speaking to me again. But I think if he decides to go off to work and leave me on my own and "in charge," he's just asking for it.

My girl is growing up so fast. She's started wearing the little duck wambones her brother wore a few years ago ... snif. He was a wee bit older, though, sitting up and all, so I'll be interested to see Elsbeth's measurements come her 6 month appointment.

Els sportin' the ducks at 5 months



Andrew at about 7 months

To continue our journey down memory lane, we borrowed the Intellitainer from the Peasmacks once again. She totally digs it, as did her brother. And check out her sweet leggings! I saw my friend Christi's little girl in some a few months ago and thought they were so cute, and such a good idea! Just pop them on ... you've got warm legs, no need to remove to change a diaper, and all the while you've made quite a stellar fashion statment. I found myself wondering where these were back when Andrew was a baby, but I guess even covered in trucks or puppy dogs they'd be a smidge girly. (And I'm violently opposed to girly things on little boys.)

And we got a fun, if very quick, visit from Nannie and Aunt Sallie to brighten our Monday!



Fortunately we'll get some more Nannie time at the end of this week, and we'll get to see Aunt Sallie again in a couple weeks.

As I type, Phil has one football game being projected onto a sheet hung over our fireplace (fancy equipment from work) and another on the TV right next to it. He's threatened to start streaming another one on my computer and also bring up the tiny TV from the basement for game #4. I feel I've been sufficiently punished for the whole bow thing, don't you?

8 comments:

Christi said...

That is definitely enough punishment. :)

Elsbeth is so adorable. And I love the bows (on Andrew too, of course) and the leggings! Those leggings are so great, I've been thinking about getting another pair for Elsa.

The Carsons said...

We have the leggings for Brooke, too...love them, especially for this time of year! And as for the bows...well, you will have to check out my most recent post and check out our fashion statement with bows that Steve ABSOLUTELY LOVES, by the way! His latest question has been, "Why are we pulling out all of these new fashions with Brooke that we never did with Haley or Reese?" My response--with the 3rd girl, I figure, I need to embrace the girliness! Have fun with yours!!

Felicia Miller said...

Violently opposed to girly things on little boys? Okay, did you see the picture with the bow in Andrew's hair? j/k! :-) You rock. just because. And for putting up with all of that football!!! :-) Love! F

trmills said...

Well, isn't she the smiliest little thing! Adorable! I think bows are the perfect accessory for a baby girl, followed closely by those awesome leggings. Wish I could get some Els-snuggles!

Phil Mobley said...

I can't believe you did that to my son.

Aunt Jessie said...

I LOVE the bows!! Where did you get them? Elsbeth is changing so much!! She is SO precious!! Those leggings are so cute on her! Very chic!

Georgia Girl said...

I love the bows! I just bought some myself and I can definitely say that M's hair has grown since she was born. I should be able to put a bow in soon. Yippee for girly things!!

John Ballentine said...

"And I'm violently opposed to girly things on little boys"

Is that supposed to be some passive aggressive smack at my wife?