Saturday, January 12, 2008

Don't Say "Blast" and "Wretch"

Andrew taking a rest in Shiloh's bed

We've been discovering recently how closely Our Precious is watching us, and his imitations are really fun (and sometimes scary). As you may have gathered, I very much enjoy a cup of hot tea and indulge at least twice a day. To my wonder and delight, Andrew is also a fan and has added "tea" to his short list of words. He'll point to my cup, occasionally actually say "tea," then pat his chest when I ask if he's like some. If it's only lukewarm, I let him drink from the cup, but most often I give him cooled sips from a teaspoon. Below is a video and a picture (for mom and Great Nanabai, who can't see the videos).


While my family was visiting, I got all fancy and put a candle in the middle of the kitchen table to light during our meals together. Well, TCBITW took quite a fancy to the candle and the whole lighting process, so now we have to light the candle for every meal, tea time, snack and sometimes just because we feel like it.

He was desperate to hold the matches himself, so I gave him a box to play with while I fixed his lunch. I mean, he's not going to know what to do with them, right?


So I give my 1-year-old hot, caffeinated beverages and let him play with matches. Oh, and did I mention that he also loves eating food off the tip of a knife? (A butter knife, but it still has a pleasing pirateyness to it.) But I'm not the only bad influence around here ... take a look at Phil taking a drag from the candy cigarettes he got in his Christmas stocking. Erin, do you feel this should go on the custody report, or the supervised visitation report?

3 comments:

ErinM said...

Well, as long as he refrains from doing it around Andrew, probably just the custody report. Now when Jason told Patrick to whack me in the head this morning, that went in the supervised visitation report. (Granted, we were having a pillow fight, but still...)

Peamama said...

Well, I think it's high time to break out the ole scissors then. If he can handle matches and hot tea, then he should be a pro with scissors. One of the Joe's first words was "hot." Maybe it was his first word? Bollocks I can't remember. I love the quote from Little Women...that is Little Women right? Thank you so much for our package, too. Can't wait to read that book and the pea book is perfect!! I anxiously await more written updates on life in Tucker and Mobley world. They are the highlights of my day!

Georgia Girl said...

Monkey see, Monkey do. Who would ever guess we'd have two of TSBITW! Sharp as a tack they are.

I am daily amazed at what Caleb sees and repeats. Do you think it will be so easy when we potty train them? Somehow I think it only works with sharp or dangerous objects.

I wonder when Caleb will realize there's a gun safe in his closet!