Thursday, January 10, 2008

Guy Lombardo Didn't Play The Clarinet




We have been having the most lovely warm weather here the past couple of days - mid 70's! The Precious has been soaking up some wonderful outdoor time since his mom is a big old weenie who sits huddled in front of the stove wearing a parka when it gets below 60. (Side note: Precious and I are taking a trip to visit Rachel and Weatherson next week in MINNEAPOLIS ... there just aren't enough clothes in the world.)


One of Andrew's favorite activities of late is to water the flowers. He can spend at least 30 minutes just going to the faucet where I let a few dribbles go into the can (don't turn me in, Erin!), then running back to the potted flowers to delicately smash them with the spout.





A very conscientious and detailed gardener, he also enjoys looking through the bushes in search of stray leaves. Here you see his triumph at having saved the bush from a tiny shred of dried foliage.


And puddles are so much fun!!!


Question: Why do dogs enjoy rolling in disgusting filth? I mean, other than the fact that they have brains the size of chickpeas, is there something in doggy nature that compels them to do this? It took me the longest time to figure out where the vile stench was coming from yesterday. The bottom of my shoe? The trash bin? Did something die in the sand box? Then I look into the sweet, brown eyes of the dog trying to crawl into my lap. He's so proud. It's as if he's saying, "Mom, I know you're not going to believe this, but I think I just found the stinkiest pile of poo in the whole worl-, no, the whole solar system! Here, I rubbed a big glob into my neck fur just for you. Take a whiff. Isn't it magnificent?!"

Shiloh and Andrew both got long baths last night. I feel like a good mom when TCBITW has a day filled with dirt and sand and puddles. (I do not feel like a good mom, however, when I spray his bath mat with bleach, forget to rinse it before his bath, then wonder for days why his bottom is dry, red and itchy.)

Please continue to pray for our friends Allen and Gillian and their children Joseph and Holly. They are currently in Memphis where 3-year-old Joseph begins treatment for an aggressive brain tumor today. http://prayforjoseph.blogspot.com/ We miss you guys!

5 comments:

Brea said...

Thanks for making me laugh!

Anonymous said...

I always feel so proud when I recognize the title quote! Great pics and entertaining copy, as always. I do hope Shiloh and TCBITW didn't get their baths together.

We miss your sweet cheeks already, Precious. Love, Nana and Grandpa

Unknown said...

Rhianwen loves watering stuff too! Usually it's the dead geraniums that I haven't gotten rid of. I keep telling her soon we will plant seeds and have a garden just for her. :)

Maybe someday we can get them together for a gardening date...ha ha!

Georgia Girl said...

Bright blue eyes! I miss you guys.

Oh and the joy of pets.

Love, G

Anonymous said...

That sandbox picture makes a great background. It's just like TCBITW is looking right at me waiting for the Andrew song!

Pittsburgh Auntie