Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Bossy Sprockets!

Our Christmas, in pictures. (Lots of pictures ... you might want to get a snack. Might I highly recommend something from the Twix family?)

Decorating Christmas cookies

Ready for the oven

Our first Christmas morning at home - the best! Here's Andrew completely in awe of the train (with crossing!) that my parents brought for him

Little Debbie Christmas tree snack cake breakfast, fresh from the stocking (another highly recommended snack option, come to think of it)

Checking out his new toy kitchen from Mom and Dad (that would be me and Phil, not my parents again)

Nana looking smashing in her new rhinestone-studded reading glasses

Playdoh bliss (thank you, Mema!)

Loving the Hopeland Garden lights with Nannie in Aiken

My favorite Quelf moment (what do you mean, you don't understand?)

Music lessons with Nannie (apparently he's some sort of musical prodigy, which I'm pretty sure is obvious from this photo)

The whole Mobley clan

Nibblet at 5 months
(I don't know if this poor non-maternity tank is going to make it - it shrieked in terror as it realized I was reaching for it)

And totally random, Ami, this is for you. This is the shallot monstrosity that had me so confused. I was actually a little disappointed when I got it all set up for the photo shoot - I was hoping, after all the discussion, that it would look basketball sized.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh good. So no more standing out in the cold to watch trains go by? My tanks made it through all of my pregnancy...so I think yours will too :)

Dave, Ami, Hadleigh Claire, Annelise, and True said...

I'll say I was a bit disappointed as well. That is not nearly as large or as odd looking as I had imagined in my head. But hope the soup was good anyway.

Heather Iverson said...

That kitchen is HUGE! Where did you get that?

Katelyn got a kitchen for Christmas too but hers is pink and girly. :o)

Anonymous said...

I can't help but look at Jeff's bullseye when I see the Quelf picture. I guess I will have to move back a zillion spaces.

Brea said...

Wow, we can't wait for playgroup at your house. Those are going to be some coveted toys! :)

ErinM said...

Now I want Twix and Little Debbies, and I'm stuck at work without a car! Argh!

The kitchen is AWESOME. We are very jealous. Don't tell Melkamu about the train, or he might move in with Andrew. It looks like it was a very fun celebration!

Georgia Girl said...

I just googled Quelf and now I absolutely have to have it!

We have so many similar Christmas picks it's amazing, the train, the cookies, the play doh in Christmas PJs. I love it!!

And the train isn't quite as monstrous as I imagined. Looks like fun.

Jenni said...

Now, I have to go and purchase Quelf. I can't stand and watch my bff (whom I don't for sure actually exists) stand by and lick elbows without getting myself involved in similar shinagans. I also like that you are encouraging your son to NOT depend on a woman for making his own soup with large shallots. If you do in fact exist, I would like for your precious to please make our first meeting dinner.