Saturday, January 31, 2009

Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons, For You Are Crispy And Good With Ketchup

So I go in to check on My Precious in his Big Boy Bed last night, and he's not there. Not in his bed. Not on the pillows. Not on the floor with his face pressed against the heating vent. Fortunately I could hear him breathing, so I didn't immediately jump to the conclusion that someone had scaled the house, come into the window and stolen him. I follow the sound of his tiny snores and press down the giant couch pillows that are still right up next to the bed ... and there he is. In exactly the same position as he fell asleep, just under the bed instead of on top of it.


You see that gap? Yeah, I made that gap when I was looking for him. The first pillow had been up against the bed like the second one is.

There's no way he did this on purpose. I know him and I saw the way he was laying, and the only possible conclusion is that he rolled onto the couch cushion, his body weight pressed it down and dumped him under the bed, and the pillow fluffed back up to swallow him whole. And he never woke up. Not even when Phil pulled him out and put him back on top. Hilarious!!

I'm considering the advice to purchase some sort of rail, but the 11pm treasure hunts for my son are pretty fun, too!




9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. I couldn't see him the first time I looked. He's a regular houdini. These are some of the funniest pictures I have ever seen. Thanks for sharing!

Christi said...

Ha! Well, at least he's a sound sleeper!

trmills said...

That is just great. Who needs bed rails?

Heather Iverson said...

Maybe you need to install a surveillance camera... :o) You could win $ 10,000!

Anonymous said...

From time to time, I enjoy sleeping under the bed as well. It gives one a different persepective on life. :)

Georgia Girl said...

Hope you vacuum under there. I can't believe the camera flash didn't even wake him up. Maybe that is his Cozy Cave. It would make for some Funniest Home Videos for sure!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness!!! It's like in The Fellowship of the Ring with Old Man Willow.

Brea said...

Oh my heavens, I haven't read your blog lately, and I've missed all the fun! I can't believe that Andrew rolled both across the room and under the bed without waking!!! Very exciting that he's making the big transition!