Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Do Not Jump On Fanny Lifter

And we're back! Again. Phil was practically on death's door the night before our flight, but was able to actually sit up and take some steps unassisted by the next morning, so we decided to go for it. He had the flu the whole time we were there (and is still hacking up a storm in bed behind me as I type), so that put a bit of a damper on things. But other than that, our trip was great!

As you can see in the top picture, Andrew just adores his Nannie and ate up all the attention and fun activities. Look at her - who wouldn't have fun with this chick?


The scenery was breathtaking. I confess I didn't think I'd like it all that much, being a big fan of trees and all, but the wide open spaces surrounded by snow-capped mountains were incredible. Here's a picture I took from the window of the car as we were heading out of town. Of course, it doesn't near do it justice. The clouds hide the beautiful mountains in the distance.


As I mentioned, Phil was feeling dreadful most of the time. In the middle of our stay, he started to feel better, so naturally he decided to go skiing with his dad. It then came as a complete shock that the following day found him barely able to speak, feverish and slumped pitifully in a recliner sipping luke-warm beverages.


Andrew had a bad runny nose and was working on a molar, but pressed on like a champ. In preparation for a future visit when he, too, might have the opportunity to nearly kill himself on a ski slope, he decided to do a little weight-lifting with Nannie.


And now the triceps ...


Sadly, I don't have the picture of Andrew with the waitress he fell madly in love with (it's on Nannie's camera and I forgot to show her how to e-mail it). The whole scene was hilarious and adorable. Every time this woman walked by, he went completely bonkers, giggling then collapsing over the side of his high chair when she looked at him. When she walked out of sight, he would crane his neck and look forlornly in the direction of her last sighting. Before we left, she gave him 2 toy cars, a hug and a kiss on his left cheek (which he has still not allowed me to wash). I'm not sure what she did initially to catch his eye, but I've never seen him so smitten ...

...though his Nannie comes pretty close.


Here he is after our trip to Santa Fe wearing his new deer-skin moccasins.

And it appears Blogger is finally allowing me to post videos again! Andrew absolutely LOVED this game of jumping on and off this exercise stepper. I think he'd still be doing it if we let him. You'll notice him cutting his eyes back behind him waiting for applause - he was specifically seeking the attention of his Papa. If Papa was in the room, the Precious was doing everything in his power to get a smile from him.


Thank you Nannie and Papa for a wonderful visit! We can't wait to see you again.





2 comments:

The Carsons said...

WOW--I finally caught up on a lot of your blog posts and you have been on the road a ton!! It looks like you've had a great couple of months visiting friends and family. How awful that you and Phil both got sick on road trips--there's nothing like being in your own bed when you are sick...I'm glad you were with people who could take care of you at least!!

Unknown said...

Who's having more fun in that video? Hmmmm?

I LOVED Santa Fe when I was there. It is so different but beautiful and charming.