Friday, April 18, 2008

Sir Nubbs

I know at some point every child in the world tries on his parents' shoes, but when mine does it, somehow it becomes the most adorable thing in the entire world. I was actually pretty impressed with how well he was able to drag that huge running shoe around - does make me feel like I have really gigantor feet, however.

I just went to check on him in his crib (it's 11pm) and he looked so ... long. How is he this grown up already? Last night he started repeating some words after me (cracker, cheese, potty), which he has been strictly against his policy before now. "Cookie" is a new favorite word that gets said a whole lot, and he puts his lips waaay out for the "coo" part, so it's a lot of fun to watch. Oh, and I have mentioned that he's saying "mama" on a regular basis now? Forgive me if I'm repeating myself, but it's such a joy to hear. I've been told one day I'll get tired of hearing it, but that won't be anytime soon. :-) Especially since occasionally now when he wants something, I'll hear a little voice say "mama" instead of "ENHHHHH!"

And since somewhere around the end of January or beginning of February, he's been sitting on the potty! Can't get any more big boy than that!

I'm trying to remember to put him on at every diaper change. He's not gotten to where he'll let me know when he needs to go, but he certainly understands what he's supposed to do once he's there (at least for the wettie business part).

And now for the "Wow, people say weird things" segment. My Precious and I made a quick run to the grocery store this afternoon for some baking powder, and since that was the only thing on our list I let him just walk and hold my hand. He thought this was fabulous and was hoping around and grinning at this man on our aisle. Mr. Man stopped and commented on how much fun he was having, then paused (with a big smile) and said, "And look, he's even got a swastika on." Since I only cover my one-year-old in swastikas on major holidays, I was confused and began scanning him for stray Neo-Nazi markings. Turns out he was referring to the Nike swoosh on his clothes.


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! The swastika thing is pretty funny. I guess he meant to say "Swoosh"? That would be something my mom would do! :)

trmills said...

You are such a big beautiful boy, Andrew! Sitting on the potty- just great. I'm finding it a little harder to be disciplined to put Asa Bear on the potty regularly than I did with Emmy...we'll be inspired by you!

Rachel said...

I'm going back over my clothes from Andrew just in case. Who knows, maybe you are using the passed-on baby clothes market to further your swastika-wearing plans....

Andrew looks so much bigger even since January. He's so sweet!

Brea said...

Swastika - oh my goodness - why do all the funny things happen to you, Christy???

I am so impressed with Andrew's potty-using abilities. We've gotten as far as sitting on the potty, but are yet to see anthing happen. Maybe I should try employing the every diaper change strategy.

Georgia Girl said...

Hilarious! At least Andrew didn't try repeating Mr. Man in the store.

Should I be sitting C-monster on the potty? Hmmm...hadn't thought of that! Andrew does look awfully grown up there, though.

And I see the ball popper...oh, what would I do without! What a saving grace at times.

The Carsons said...

Wow-sitting on the potty already? That's impressive!