Saturday, April 12, 2008

Don't Say "Stripper" - God's Listenin' To Ya.

My darling boy is now 20 months old ... and WEANED! Mommy is wistful that another bit of babyhood has passed. Daddy, on the other hand, wants it to be known that he's thought this whole business very strange for some time now. Do keep in mind this is a man who thinks I "hurt" my socks by folding the tops together to keep them paired and once attempted to use the bathroom in an umbrella case. He's demented (but very cute, and brave with melon-sized bugs).

For those of you who agree with Phil and think I should teach freak lessons on the weekends, go here and revel in your astonishing intuition. Those of you who are shaking your heads in a disappointed fashion because I didn't keep on 'til kindergarten, keep yourselves busy here for a while.

I've had a few moments when I've wondered if, perhaps, it was still too early ... You can't help but wonder when you look up and see your toddler sucking the life out of a Diet Coke bottle.


He has also gotten completely obsessed with tea. Really. He talks about it all day long, loves to walk around holding the bag of loose tea leaves, and knows exactly how to put a tea bag into a mug, gently placing the paper tab outside. And he gets really offended if he asks for some of mine and I offer him a sip from a spoon. He wants the whole mug, and he will guzzle it down.


Concerned that the pediatrician was going to be less-than-impressed to hear that he had gone from a diet of wholesome milk to hot tea and Coke, but also not wanting to do anything to diminish his love of my favorite beverage, I decided this morning to make him his own cup - half tea, and half cow's milk. He drank it in about 10 seconds. Here you see him tapping the bottom of his tea cup to let me know where to put the next installment.


And here's a boy pleased to have cup #2 waiting by his side.

6 comments:

Brea said...

Ah, it is a shame that babyhood must pass so quickly, but I do think Andrew makes a really great toddler.

trmills said...

Emmy says she wants to have a tea party with Andrew very soon- she likes a little something sweet with her tea, too!

Georgia Girl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Georgia Girl said...

The freaky franks...I love it!

Andrew is looking so grown up. More like a boy now...must be because he's weaned. Wink, wink.

Sigh...I no longer see a baby in Caleb either. Guess it's time to get ready for another, huh?

jane said...

aawwww... wistful is a good word. on a lighter note - love the orange bib. if i could just get one then lisha could always be matching your sons bibs

Peamama said...

Please tell me he is drinking decaf. If not, you are a much braver mom than I. I am scared of what my kids would become if caffeinated. Sugar does enough craziness to them.