Thursday, April 3, 2008

Work A Fox Or Turkey In There And I Think You've Got Something!

I took My Precious on his first visit to our library this week - very fun! Even though he found the sun carpet much more interesting than the actual books, I felt educational just being there. He was such a good boy, nice and quiet and came to me to hold my hand when he wanted to explore. I was able to entice him with a gigantic Big Bird book long enough to snap a more libraryish picture, which I was determined to have since it was our maiden voyage.

I also chose this week to do something about our home's bleak exterior. With both my parents being excellent gardeners, it's a shame I'm a complete moron when it comes it plants. Phil has called me The Black Thumb for years ... not very nice of him, actually. I do try!

So Andrew and I scooted our bicks around Pike's Nursery for quite some time in search of something colorful for the front porch. Preferably something hardy. They have such nice, helpful people working there - I just wish I knew enough to ask intelligent-sounding questions. Instead I end up saying things like, "Well, I'm looking for something for a hanging basket, and those things are growing up, not hanging down ... is that OK?"

But it was an amazing spring day and Andrew and I had a great time pretending to be gardeners. His favorite thing was helping me put dirt in the pots.

The heights from which he dropped the soil got greater and greater the longer he helped.

Then he went off to find the watering can.

I tried giving it to him empty since I wasn't done potting the flowers, but that was no good. As soon as I agreed to give him actual water, he got to work watering everything including the empty spaces in the flower carrier thing.

And now I present to you my favorite moment: In response to my suggestion that he smell the flowers, he laid on his stomach and stuck his head into one of the empty (yet well-watered) holes in the flower carrier. Fabulous!

I just adore it when he does quirky things!

11 comments:

Georgia Girl said...

You know just how to make me laugh!
Keep up the good work.

Dave, Ami, Hadleigh Claire, Annelise, and True said...

levitating above the bed...can you teach me that trick?

Jean Joiner said...

you are crazy...and a mom...perfect fit. :)

Brea said...

I noticed your hanging baskets on Wednesday. Very nice!

Heather Iverson said...

Love all the flower planting pictures. So sweet and cute and funny! I just hate that I have never had the opportunity to meet your little guy in person.

Can't figure out where he gets his "quirkiness" from. ;o)

Peamama said...

I think we need a picture of the finished products---baskets hanging with plants growing up in front of house.
And, I love that the picture of you had no explanation. I mean, who needs one, really? Can't a girl levitate above a bed with hair horns if she wants?

Unknown said...

Wow that is a HUGE book!

ErinM said...

The baskets are lovely--I noticed them the other day! I was going to ask if you did them yourself, and if you have any interest in planting the 5 million flowers that I've either bought or started and haven't managed to get into the ground yet ;-)

nannykim said...

Hey, I need one of those watering boys at my house--man he could do it everyday for me!! What a wonderful kind of helper!! I agree with him--that rug is the best! AWESOME

Anonymous said...

You are such a joy! I'm so glad God crafted you with such greatness. And you're such a super mom. I must say that the picture of you levitating above the bed is my all-time favorite. :)

jane said...

i think the blue and red flowers will look just lovely in the baskets!
i am certainly no expert... don't let me fool you!
can't wait until elisha will do more than just eat dirt and leaves when we are outside!