Saturday, February 24, 2007

I'll Just Run This Through Again on "Pots & Pans"


Phil's out with the guys tonight. He should know better than to leave me unattended - I've just finished a huge piece of pie with ice cream and am currently watching America's Next Top Model. I am so glad I decided not to do that show. Tyra would have gotten all over my nerves.

The weather here has been lovely, so Precious decided to take Shiloh for a walk. We've recently graduated to the jogging stroller, a hand-me-down from (who else?) the Peabody's, and I'm already a huge fan. It's so easy to push, and Precious loves being able to see everything (the other stroller was the kind that the car seat snaps into, so all he got to look at was me). He could ride around for days just taking in the great outdoors and stroking one of the stroller straps against his cheek - so cute it makes my heart ache.

There is something distressing about my neighborhood that I feel the need to discuss. There is a spine that has been lying in the street at the top of someone's driveway for at least two months now. It's just sitting there, 5 feet from a clump of fur and ick. Could you possibly drive to and from your home each day, coming mere inches from a SPINE, and not do something about it? Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Just typing the word makes my toes curl up. What is wrong with these people? Move the spine! If it freaks you out (understandably), pay lots of money to have it done for you. Do not, under any circumstances, leave it to haunt innocent passersby and their dog.

Well, Caridee is America's Next Top Model. I hope she decides to eat something in celebration. Sigh. An hour of my life I'll never get back.

6 comments:

trmills said...

Hello, dearest. I am so with you in spirit as you traverse the horror of animal parts on Fire Fly Court. But that I could be there in person...not to mention the glamorous TV shows we could watch together!.

On another note, wow, so sorry about the baby/letter fiasco. Tim's comment: "Well, I HOPE they got them done!:)"

You are hugely appreciated and terribly missed. Love and thanks to you and Emily and your sweet crazy babies.

Brea said...

This Tucker, GA sounds like a downright frightening place to live!

Anonymous said...

Sweetie, I think its time you plucked up your courage--take one of Phil's golf clubs with you next time you walk, and smack that little spine to kingdom come. Come on now, you have more "backbone" than that dead creature, don't you?

Christy said...

No, Nana, I sure don't. :-) I'm going to have nightmares at the thought!

Anonymous said...

I would collect the spine and have it framed. It would make a great conversation piece. You could tell people that you killed a rabid raccoon with your bare hands as it was trying to attack Andrew. It would make you the bravest mom around.

Christy said...

Can't you see me dropping off a shopping bag with an old decroded spine in it at the Michael's framing counter? That would be priceless. :-)