Sunday, February 18, 2007

It Sounds As Though He Eats an Alarming Amount of Custard!


Andrew was baptised one week ago today. Phil and I were both surprised to have gone that route, both leaning heavily towards Believer's Baptism until recently, but after much reading, praying and talking with church leaders, we felt very peaceful about this decision. Those Presbyterians will getcha! It was a very lovely time for us as a family, and we were so pleased to share the time with Nannie and Papa (Phil's parents) as well.


This Sunday is also a milestone in that it's the first time The Precious used his highchair! We started solid food with him a few weeks ago and have been using everything from laps and bouncy seats to the exersaucer to contain him during mealtime. I was sure he wasn't ready for the big boy high chair, but as is often the case, I was wrong.

We did make a few modifications. You see, we were fortunate enough to procure the wooden highchair Phil used as a baby from his parents. Beautiful at first glance, but upon closer observation we found it to be just too classy. "What this bad boy needs is some ducks," we exclaimed. "Big ones. And maybe a little fringe." Ultimately, I'm just thrilled not to be sitting on the kitchen floor next to the exersaucer trying to keep Precious from sliming the entire apparatus with oatmeal fingers. Thus far, he's not been a huge fan of my cooking. He tolerates oatmeal, hates squash, likes sweet potatoes and hates carrots. Ironically, I find he does like to stow away any extra in his left nostril, just in case.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Christy, I haven't laughed this hard in weeks! Thank you so much for starting a blog!

Christy said...

Hey Eowyn! Thanks - I'm so glad you like it! We dorks have to keep together, right? :-)

Phil Mobley said...

What Christy and I have kept quiet for the past six months (but are now prepared to reveal!) is that Andrew was born with the supernatural ability to communicate with vegetables. That's why he's so picky. Some of them just don't want to be eaten (says he).

Brea said...

You are a born blogger, Christy. Don't our little ones develop at a staggering rate? I find that just as I'm getting into a routine with how we do certain things, Brennan moves on to something else. I was amazed to realize about a month ago that he is practically able to feed himself without me. And I was wasting all that energy spooning food into his mouth. :) I exaggerate a bit...I still spoonfeed him a great deal because the pace at which he feeds himself isn't fast enough to satiate his hunger, but he's really good at finger foods. It's just amazing to me to think that he was completely helpless nine short months ago, and now he can feed himself. It's fun to be on this journey of mommyhood with you. :)

jkballentine said...

Christy---

All I can say about this is....

ITS ABOUT TIME!

You are a wonderful writer and Carrie and I had a great laugh (at our expense).

Thanks so much!

BEAR

Anonymous said...

I've got to get back to Firefly Court soon-He's growing up too fast! If I don't hurry he'll be ordering out for his own pizza topped with only the vegetables that desire to be eaten.
I really enjoy this chance to see what your friends write in. This blog thing is "cool" (that's old person talk for "fly".

Anonymous said...

I wish we lived closer! I told Mark about your blog and he asked, Do we need a blog for Caleb? I could write all day about The Best Baby in the World, unfortunately, I don't think anyone would find it as fascinating to read. See you soon!

Anonymous said...

I forgot to mention that I think the picture of you from Andrew's baptism is really cute. Your hair looks great.!

Georgia Girl said...

I love the new DO!