Tuesday, February 27, 2007

This Place is a Tomb. I'm Going Over to the Nut Shop Where It's Fun.


Andrew has been exploring his administrative side these last few days. On Sunday afternoon, he decided to give Dad a hand as he prepared for a couple business trips (Philadelphia on Monday, Boston today). Then yesterday we visited my old office (Keller Williams Realty in Sandy Springs) so that I could show him off to all my buddies.

Here he is with Ashley, the new and improved me at The Bunch Real Estate Group. For some reason I have yet to discern, Ashley decided to become a licensed assistant, something I was never remotely interested in doing. I was content to sit at my desk all day with my cup of tea, doing 1 part work to 5 parts harassing those around me. The day of our visit, Ashley was preparing to go to a closing. This means she had to wear not-jeans and sit in a lawyer's office while very important documents involving trillions of dollars were signed. The thought of me ever doing such a thing makes me laugh, mainly because I still feel about 12-years-old inside. The day Phil and I closed on our own home, I had to pick up the check from the bank for the wee bit we were paying up front - maybe $7000? In a bizarre fit of obsessive compulsive behavior, I continued to look in my pocketbook every 10 seconds or so to confirm the money's existence. It might as well have been carrying a half million dollars. Once it's over 100, it's all the same to me.


This is Precious having a bit of a fuss with Nannette and Nan (actually their names, as much fun as it would have been to make that up). He enjoyed Nannette's keys (especially gnawing on the little flip-flop charm that was attached), but got worried when they declared him to be "Under Contract."



And no visit to Keller Williams is complete without popping in on Jill and Christine. There was an extended discussion about eating Andrew's cheeks, after which Christine gave Jill lessons on the football hold to calm the terrified child. Don't you love how Andrew's hair comes to a perfect point in this shot? Now there's a widow's peak that could rival Eddie Munster's!

Ok, I have to be honest. I don't miss working at all. Not even a little bit. Not even when I'm changing a diaper at 4 am and Precious does his wetties all over me. However, I was reminded yesterday that I worked for a really great guy (Michael Bunch, who was busy doing real estatey things when I had the camera out) and really enjoyed being around all these (and other) really wonderful people. I cannot begin to describe all the ways I was loved and supported by this group. I do miss them.

PS - Last night I dreamt that I went to the Olive Garden with Ryan Seacrest. I hope this doesn't taint my American Idol viewing experience this evening.

7 comments:

Emily said...

I hope the closing on Andrew goes well. Why the Olive Garden, do you think?

Christy said...

We've got Andrew's home inspection tomorrow. He does have a leaky basement, so we're not sure how it'll go.

And the only explanation for the Olive Garden that I have is that I used to waitress there back in the day. Perhaps we can discuss it in more detail and you can use your super counselor powers to interpret it all.

Anonymous said...

You have a new reader/admirer-er um however you spell it. Seems that your brother should be updated on all public diary events. I think I'll have the boys shoot a high explosive 177mm Altilery round in your honor.

Unknown said...

What is up with that gargantuan coffee cup in the first picture?! HA!

Christy said...

It is a rediculous coffee tankard that Phil claims to put water in (I suspect Johnny Walker Gold Label). Can you tell that it's got Gamecocks plastered all over it? :-)

Christy said...

And hey there, Bradley!!! Welcome back to land! I've never had artilery rounds set off in my honor. Awesome. I feel so ... honored. :-)

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited that the whole nuclear family is on board the USS Sweetscooterbicks blog! Yo! Anonymous! Send your parents an email! And yes, this is your very youthful mother with the crazy nickname "Nana"