Friday, February 16, 2007

Like Flaming Globes, Ziegmun!


Let me explain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up. This breathtaking bit of Internet space has been created specifically for Nana, Nannie, Great-Nanabai, Auntie, Auntie & Auntie. And perhaps a smattering of other relatives, but only for when the cable's out, the car has 4 flat tires and all other reading material in the house has suddenly burst into flame. If you were innocently googling "scooter bicks," happened upon this page, and you're not immediately overcome by the pictures of THE CUTEST BABY IN THE WORLD, feel free to back out as quickly as your mouse will allow. Or, if you've been sent to this site by, say, me, because you have been personally introduced to THE CUTEST BABY IN THE WORLD, and yet you have a life and find that you can't bear to look at one more blog, you also have my permission to leave. I probably will never know.


Ok, now that that's out of the way, on to the juicy stuff. Andrew (also known here as TCBITW or Precious) went in for his 6 month checkup this week. Thankfully, he continues to be as healthy as an ox, though he complained bitterly this morning when I attempted to hook him up to the wheel barrow to haul some (very small) sticks from the front yard. Lazy loaf. Anyway, he is now weighing in at 16 lb. 9 oz. and is 26.25 inches long. This is like, 25th percentile people! You'd think from the comments I get that there has never been such an enormous baby in the history of the universe. Just 'cause the kid has some cheeks doesn't mean that we have to go to the Big & Tall store to get his onesies. He handled his shots bravely - only 30 seconds of mind-blowing screeching until Daddy fixed it all with some flying and a gumdrop (what we call his pacifier). I was also relieved to discover that I had not, in fact, turned his crib into The Realm of Death by Asphyxiation by putting in a bumper pad. Whew.


In other news, I would like for the world to know that I am personal friends with Chris Sligh, of American Idol fame. Yeah, he and I are like this (I'm holding up 2 tightly wound fingers). And if you also know him and you mention my name, don't be fooled by the blank look. He's funny like that.


Ok, so not exactly like this, but he is really good friends with my husband's sister. Really. And his mom. And I hung out with him some, like, maybe 5 years ago at Phil's family's house, and he sang for us and stuff. AND (you might want to sit down) he put out a CD years ago ... and it has my name in it. Yeah. I'm practically famous. If you come over to my house and pay me money, I'll let you see it. But you can't touch it. I'm planning on funding Andrew's higher education by selling it on Ebay.


I need to end this delightful entry and go save my son. He's rolling closer and closer to a massive pile of laundry that might be even more dangerous than the bumper pad. A huge "thank you" to Nana and Nannie who sent the most adorable Valentine's Day cards a little boy could ever eat.




7 comments:

Jean Joiner said...

very cute...i'm glad you have a blog now. you're a great writer :)

Brea said...

I've just been waiting and praying for you to start a blog, Christy. Finally, my prayers are answered! Yours will be infinitely more entertaining than mine, though my baby may rival yours for the title of TCBITW. :)

trmills said...

Well, this makes my Saturday (although it's only Friday for you!).

trmills said...

Christy!
I'm amazed that Sweet Scooter Bicks wasn't already taken.

Christy said...

I know, TR! (Tim and Rhianna? I have to assume, since you've already seen Saturday.) :-) I was sure Scooter Bicks would have snatched up immediately!

Christi said...

I'm going to love reading this blog... and seeing the unbelievably cute photos. :)

Phil Mobley said...

Glad to see my boy is getting plenty of roughage!

:-)